tapped out device full

by crscott08

Original Post

Accepted Solution

tapped out device full

★★★ Newbie
I keep getting an error message "Device full. Please clean up space. Not enough space on this device". I have plenty of space on here. Can you please help??
Message 1 of 37 (33,919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: tapped out device full

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I have an iPad Air and I just checked my usage for this app. It uses 786 MB of storage. There are 1,024 MB in a GB. So that is cutting it pretty close. And depending on where your free storage is, it may not let you run this app. iPads tend to have hidden storage that affects its performance. I tend to wipe my iPad two to three times a year to help clean it up and make run better and get back some of these hidden MB (everything is backed up to the cloud and some of my games are in GameCenter, so I don't lose them.) Just a thought. Also, there is a much newer operating system out but I don't think that's your issue @PorkPieSi .

Edit: And I just noticed from my post in February, this app is using even more storage. (I do have a level 39 town but I image yours would be about the same.) 

View in thread

Message 10 of 37 (33,981 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything:

I reset the data, uninstalled, restarted, re-installed....

I am annoyed with this valentine's update. I was able to login, however 70% of my buildings and items were white boxes. Now I cannot load the game, it will download the updates, then nearing the end I receive a message: Device Full, D'oh! There isn't enough storage space left on your device to download all of this cool stuff. Free up some space and try again.

I have 800 MB free on my samsung GT-S7560M.

I hope this problem get corrected soon

Message 2 of 37 (33,538 Views)

★ Novice
I'm using HTC inspire phone and had no problems. I was able to play until this latest update tells me device is full which I have removed many apps and have over 550mb space and I still get device full. Many have the same problem so how can this be resolved? I'd like to get back to my valentines tapped out game play.
Message 3 of 37 (33,519 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I just checked the usage in my ipad. It takes 693 MB of storage on my Air. So your 550 MB might not be enough enough.

If my answer helped you out and provided a solution, please mark it solved so others can benefit. XP is not required but is greatly appreciated if my answer was helpful. Thank you.

Message 4 of 37 (33,512 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you indys2nd. The information was very helpful. I had some space on my micro SD card and move a few games, I now have 670MB which was enough for my phone. I'm back play my favorite game. Standard smile
Message 5 of 37 (33,494 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is BS!

I had this problem around Christmas updates and I cleared over 1GB of space and the only way I got it to work was to manually install the update from the app store.

I get it again now, only this time there is no update available, again I have 1GB free space on my iPad and according to usage TSTO is using just over 100MB.

Message 6 of 37 (33,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got 2.21 GB free and it is still saying that my device is full.

Message 7 of 37 (32,658 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@juryeff94  what device are you playing on? Is it IOS or Android? 

Message 8 of 37 (32,635 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! Thanks EA. 2 months later and still no answer/fix wtg guys!

Device full error, uninstalled/ re installed. login and get the same message. IPAD 4  - ios 6 - 1GB free. I have installed lots of other apps with no problems.

Anyone? or do i just give up on my efforts?

Message 9 of 37 (32,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I have an iPad Air and I just checked my usage for this app. It uses 786 MB of storage. There are 1,024 MB in a GB. So that is cutting it pretty close. And depending on where your free storage is, it may not let you run this app. iPads tend to have hidden storage that affects its performance. I tend to wipe my iPad two to three times a year to help clean it up and make run better and get back some of these hidden MB (everything is backed up to the cloud and some of my games are in GameCenter, so I don't lose them.) Just a thought. Also, there is a much newer operating system out but I don't think that's your issue @PorkPieSi .

Edit: And I just noticed from my post in February, this app is using even more storage. (I do have a level 39 town but I image yours would be about the same.) 

Message 10 of 37 (33,982 Views)