simpsons tapped out: moving town from old Kindle to new one?

by devils_lil_sis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

simpsons tapped out: moving town from old Kindle to new one?

★★★ Newbie

i have an old Kindle Fire V1, and have enjoyed playing Tapped Out for about a year on it, but stopped playing for a couple of months recently due to life being too busy. i recently received a new Kindle Fire for Christmas and would like to transfer my game and town, but i did not Link an Origin account with my game on my old Kindle, and now when i try to start the game on it it says the game isn't compatible with that device! i KNOW it is, i played for several months, but a recent update must have made the old kindle outdated, and therefore i can't update my game, and therefore i can't create an Origin account through the game's options menu, as described to transfer a town. please help, i don't want to loose all of my progress and rare items i've aquired!!

Message 1 of 2 (346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: simpsons tapped out: moving town from old Kindle to new one?

Champion (Retired)

There was a Firmware update for the game on August 16th.

If you follow this link, it will take you to a page where you can test if your device is still compatible with the game.

Basically if you are running the equivalent of Android OS 3 or higher you will be able to access the game.  If you update your older Kindle to a newer version of the OS you will be able to regain access to your game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (393 Views)

All Replies

Re: simpsons tapped out: moving town from old Kindle to new one?

Champion (Retired)

There was a Firmware update for the game on August 16th.

If you follow this link, it will take you to a page where you can test if your device is still compatible with the game.

Basically if you are running the equivalent of Android OS 3 or higher you will be able to access the game.  If you update your older Kindle to a newer version of the OS you will be able to regain access to your game.

Message 2 of 2 (394 Views)