"Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing." I don't have another device.

by dlestina

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing." I don't have another device.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Error started last night around 6PM CST on my iPad 2 iOS 6.0.1... My wife has the same issue on her iPhone 4 same iOS.  The issue is still going on this morning even after I reinstalled the game. 

Message 2 of 29 (5,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The game is saying, "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing." I don't have another device.

★★★★ Novice

sorry! I angrily posted mine before seeing yours!

my sister said this happened on hers and as she hadnt spent any 'real' money or much premium items she just risked it and clicked 'play anyway' even though it said progress would be lost.

So I thought I'd risk it and it didnt lose ANYTHING! so I'm happy once more. but that is a big risk to take, I only did it cos I'd only bought 5 donut premium items, I may not have risked it if I had more to lose.

If anyone else tries this it will be interesting to see what happens, if no-one loses anything maybe it's just a glitch that doesnt mean anything? x

View in thread

Message 12 of 29 (5,815 Views)

All Replies

Unable to log on to my account

★★★ Newbie

When I try to sign in, I  do get the "welcome back" but then it says Warning! Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing.  THERE is NO other device!

Message 1 of 29 (5,162 Views)

Re: The game is saying, "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing." I don't have another device.

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue on threes different devices. Each one plays exclusively for one ID. Started about 7:00 pm eastern on Friday the 18th. Have deleted app, powered down I-pad, an re-installed with no success. Still can't access my game.

Message 3 of 29 (5,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just checked my daughter's iTouch and it is throwing the same error too. All 3 devices have different user IDs.

Message 4 of 29 (5,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confusedmileymad:

Message 5 of 29 (5,360 Views)

I can't log in to my game on either of my devices.

★★★ Newbie

Sometimes when I try to log in to my game, it gives me a message that says " please log in to your other device before playing", but when I try to log in to EITHER of my devices (iPad and iPhone) they BOTH give me the same message. How am I supposed to log in to one without being able to log in to the other? It doesn't make sense. PLEASE HELP. 

Message 6 of 29 (5,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually play on 2 devices, and when it gives me this prompt, I usually am able to log in on my other device and fix it. But now, BOTH my devices are giving me the SAME message, so now I can't log in to one or the other. It's incredibly frustrating. Someone tell me if they've figured out a solution. 

Message 7 of 29 (5,345 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I play on three devices and am having the same problem. I use each device exclusively for each account.  I thought the game was saved on ea's server, so why this error?

Message 8 of 29 (5,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Would be helpful if people read other posts before they post so that we're all grouped together and get attention by getting a hot post. 

Message 9 of 29 (5,308 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey sexybexy69 and gumbie7...this means you. All of the separate postings are causing this to fall off the radar.

Message 10 of 29 (5,298 Views)