monorail quest

by Renttutar87

Original Post

monorail quest

★★ Novice

Hello, here's a copy of an e-mail I sent to EA regarding missing content (Dilapidated Rail Yard):

"Hi,
First the technical info: I'm playing on Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 5.0 Lollipop) and my EA account is named Renttutar87.
I started the Monorail quest when I reached level 20, and all went well until the "A Rail of One City Pt. 6" or the placing of the Dilapidated Rail Yard. I've played on since that and now I'm already level 33, so I can't remember which one of those are missing.
All the same, I can't find either the quest or the building anywhere and I really would like to get on with the quest and receive my Monorail.
I tried rebooting my phone and unistalling and reinstalling the game, and it didn't help. Anything I can do? Or could you help me? Thanks!"

Anyone else had the same problem? Is there anything I can do? I also tried emptying the games cache and data, didn't help.

Message 1 of 18 (1,186 Views)

Re: monorail quest

It might have gone into the "box" left side task book

Quests that have not been active for a while, and is not required for progress, ends up in the box.

I know my Monorail, Money Mountain, IRS, Redwood,  Squidport, Krustyland tasks are there.

Tap the taskbook, lower left side, to open your current tasks

At the bottom of the list, there is a box with a number on it (the number of tasks in the box)

Tap it and see if it is there.

If you do not have a box at the bottom of your taskbook, you need to contact support again.

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Report it as missing content, do NOT call it a bug or a glitch
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 18 (1,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I keep my questbook open all the time and I check all the quests everyday, but thanks. And Yes, I contacted EA regardin Missing content, not Bug or a glitch (I actually mention that in the first sentence of the original post).

Anyway, thank you for trying Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (1,167 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You are not understanding.  In your Taskbook you will find a Box (tan colored, lid ajar) with a red number on it if you have any pending quests.  If you tap it it will expand out and show you the tasks that are in it.

Here's a rundown of the entire quest:

Pt 1: Build Springfield Dump

Pt 2: Make Homer Pick Up Trash

Pt 3: Make Lyle Lanley Put on a Musical Extravaganza + Make Springfielders Join in the Musical Extravaganza (x3) + Make Homer Pick Up Trash

Pt 4: Make Springfielders Raise Money for the Monorail (x3) + Make Homer Pick Up Trash

Same as it Ever Was: Make Springfielders Run Gil Out of Town (x3) + Make Homer Pick Up Trash

Pt 5: Gather Junk Around Springfield (x150) + Make Homer Not Have To Pick Up Trash

Pt 6; Place the Dilapidated Rail Yard + Gather Junk Around Springfield (x500) + Trade in Blueprints Until You Unlock the Metal Depot (x20)

So this is where you are?  You can't find the Dilapidated Rail Yard?  Have you checked your inventory THOROUGHLY? Don't forget to tap the yellow arrow and open up the sub-categories.  The inventory in the game is a mess - things don't go where they should and sometimes they don't get categorized at all.

Are you sure you didn't drop it somewhere in your town and forget it?  I've done that.  Look EVERYWHERE.  Go into edit mode, grab stuff and move it out of the way so you can look behind it.

If you absolutely can't find it anywhere in your inventory or town you'll have to go back to Customer Support.  If they try to send you here insist to speak to their supervisor.

Message 4 of 18 (1,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That notebook (circled) is the only "box" I see, and I keep that open. And I recently re-arranged my town, I'm sure it's not there. Also I waited the Monorail quests so hard, that it's not likely that I just lost it somewhere. In the inventory I've searched every tab and corner, and in my store too.

Most recent answer from EA suggested live chat option, so that they can get in touch easier. I'm trying that tomorrow. I'm just getting frustrated, because I've gotten several e-mails from them directing me here and suggesting troubleshooting. When I pointed out, that they were kind of useless tips, they replied that they didn't understand the problem. I explained it again, and now I got the msg directing me to that live chat.

This really isn't funny anymore.

Message 5 of 18 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your book is open 

It displays 5 tasks.

It says you have 18 active tasks.

Have you scrolled down the list to see the rest?

and the box, ajar?

looked in the box?

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 18 (1,145 Views)

★★ Novice

Now I see why I didn't understand you before. I don't have that box. Those 18 quests I've checked and it isn't there. Thank you. I will mention that missing box when I contact EA the next time.

Message 7 of 18 (1,123 Views)

you need to scroll down to see it.

in the pic, 1

there i an arrow, indicating there is more.

scroll down

my guess is there are more tasks icons

and then the box, in the pic 2

the number on the box will be less than 13

open it by tapping it, in pic, 3

D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 18 (1,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I scroll up and down several times a day, and there's nothing. Believe me I've looked. Here it's scrolled as far down as it goes, and there is nothing!

I appreciate your help, but I'm really not that stupid. How do you think that I've gotten that far to the game (lvl 35) and not see the box if it were there?

Message 9 of 18 (1,112 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The box only appears if you have tasks that you don't need to do to progress in levels or events.  So let's just forget the box for now.  The real issue is the missing Rail Yard building.

When communicating with Customer Support have you been telling them that you're missing the "Dilapidated Rail Yard" or just the "Rail Yard"?  Truthfully, most Customer Support personnel don't know anything about the game.  They just look it up on their systems as they go.  So they might not be able to find  "Dilapidated" as that's really just a skin for the regular Rail Yard.

Message 10 of 18 (1,104 Views)