Re: missing gift vouchers

by thedribz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

missing gift vouchers

★ Apprentice

is anyone else not getting credit for the items they already have from last years Christmas events. I have a lot of stuff on this list for the mystery gift bonanza. but all I got when it started was 1,000 vouchers. when I should have several thousand. any ideas or help. have already tried storing this stuff and bringing it back out. nothing. but some items did however bring up character script like Lisa or homer talking   

Message 1 of 4 (317 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

You do not get Gift Vouchers for items you already own.  Only for items that you purchase while this part of the event is happening.  Please click here to read an article from TSTO Addicts which explains this.  You are not the only one disappointed in this.  I for one did not even have the task activate for these mystery boxes as I already own all of the items that you can get out of them.  I am able to collect the Gift Vouchers, but I have literally nothing that I can do with them.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (313 Views)

All Replies

You only get vouchers from items purchased now.

Already having them does not count.

it's like the store offers : buy A and get B for free! Now! limited time only!

do you really expect to get B if you show up with item A that you bought a year ago?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 4 (299 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You do not get Gift Vouchers for items you already own.  Only for items that you purchase while this part of the event is happening.  Please click here to read an article from TSTO Addicts which explains this.  You are not the only one disappointed in this.  I for one did not even have the task activate for these mystery boxes as I already own all of the items that you can get out of them.  I am able to collect the Gift Vouchers, but I have literally nothing that I can do with them.

Message 3 of 4 (314 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for clearing that out Thedribz.   I think it was said best on the page you gave me the link too.

This kind of ticks me off.  It’s like EA is once again punishing loyal players who have played for years.  Not cool EA, and I hope you make an adjustment.  Even if it’s a partial voucher award for all the donut and sweat equity long time players have put into the game.  You should give us some kind of voucher bank to start with, as credit for all of the items we already have.  It’s just not cool.  So EA please make an adjustment to this.  It’s Christmas after all. 

Note: Listen I’ve got a few of you telling me EA has every right to do this, they’re a company they’re supposed to make money etc.  I get it.  And if you’ve followed this site you know that I always defend EA when it comes to reducing the price.  Or having you grind something out etc.  But you’ve got to understand, in the rant above I’m not talking about grinding out the vouchers. Please understand that. I’m talking about the fact that if I wanted more of the premium items in the store with the vouchers offered, I CAN’T BUY THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE UNIQUE.

Therefore I can’t take advantage of the same offer you can. Where you can spend 150 donuts for Murderhorn AND a Platinum box item. (or something similar), long time players are at a disadvantage with this one and it’s just not how you reward loyal players in my opinion.

If this was about grinding it out, I wouldn’t say anything. Because everyone is at the same place, and those who’ve spent donuts already or who have played for years are at a slight advantage because they’ve got less stuff in their boxes.
But this case…it’s a direct kick in the crotch from EA to those who have played for a long period of time. Grinding things out for years (as most of these were prizes at one point) or spent donuts already.Even if they offered half the amount of vouchers for the items we already own I’d appreciate that.  This way it just puts those of us who’ve played for a long time at a disadvantage and THAT is what’s frustrating.

I mean in my opoion its like this is only for new players really to grab and get there attention , while all of us that have been playing for years are getting screwed. I cant get any gift vouchers as I already have almost everything in my city that would grant them. so im only getting the small 40 or so the elf gives you. they really need to grind this like it says.

Message 4 of 4 (281 Views)