[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After updating game the game crashes when trying to load

Message 4 of 181 (4,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: game crashes after update 4.51.5 on ios

Community Manager

Hello folks, 👋

It has been brought to our attention that there's some inaccurate information on our support for operating systems (OS) shared in this thread so let's clear that up. Standard smile 

Older iOS devices are unable to access the game due to insufficient RAM (memory) and not the OS

What does this mean?
  • Players with iOS devices that run OS 12.5.5 but have only 1GB of RAM (memory) will be unable to access the game. 1GB of RAM isn't enough to load very high lands anymore. This is why some players can start a new game on their device but are still unable to load their main land. Over time, as the new land increases in size, this too will fall foul of the RAM issue. 
  • Players with iOS devices that run OS 12.5.5 but have more RAM are still supported by us.
We sincerely apologize for the confusion or any frustration caused by this issue and the misinformation and thank you so very much for your patience with us while we got to the bottom of the issue. 

- EA_Lanna 
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 172 of 181 (3,194 Views)

All Replies

Rif.: Game Not Loading...

★★★ Apprentice

good morning

same problem here but game will load the new update, sign me in, then it will not load the game. I reinstalled the app and freed up some space on ipad. ipad is up to date and time/date is fine. Should I open a ticket today or is there a general issue? thank you

Message 1 of 181 (4,532 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Pchorsedoc I opened a ticket a few minutes ago. It may have to do with the iOS version running
Message 2 of 181 (4,524 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thank you

I also opened a ticket my ipad is 12.5.4 fully updated 

Message 3 of 181 (4,508 Views)

Rif.: game crashes after update 4.51.5 on ios

Hero
@dcraft92804 iPAD or iPAD mini?

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 5 of 181 (4,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ipad mini also same problem for my wife's account on her mini ipad

Message 6 of 181 (4,493 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same for me on iPad Air, frustrating to be honest.

Message 7 of 181 (4,491 Views)

Hero

we hope they resolve quickly. Unfortunately, it seems that nothing works .. it seems to be an incompatibility problem with the operating system. On other iPhones it works

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 8 of 181 (4,484 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, I tried the usual tricks but no joy. Thanks for confirming.

Message 9 of 181 (4,480 Views)

Hero
@chrisjlee511 yes, clear cache, data, reinstall .. nothing works. Playing anonymously is allowed, but if you try to load an account, the app crashes

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 10 of 181 (4,513 Views)