Re: extreme lag

by minicha-em

Original Post

extreme lag

★★★ Newbie
Ever since half way thru the super hero event my tapped out has become extremely laggy specially on big towns.
I am on a nexus 6 running lollipop 5.1. I have tried clearing cache and its done nothing really. I also have over half my memory left so I know its not due to a full memory.
Any ideas?
Message 1 of 9 (4,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You didn't indicate if you are playing on Wi-Fi or via cellular data, but if you are using a cellular data plan, your carrier may have throttled your data speed if your data use has exceeded some specified threshold for the current billing cycle.  This would be more likely to slow down the loading of other players' cities, however, and is not necessarily the most likely cause of the lag problem.  If you are on Wi-Fi, what other devices are using the same Wi-Fi router?  Too many active connections could also slow down your data speed.

I've double checked the specs for the Nexus 6 and that device should run TSTO without any issues at all.  The lag you are experiencing is caused because something else is using some portion of the processing on your device or some portion of your data bandwidth.  You should complete a full power cycle and make sure all app updates and security updates are complete on your device.  Check to see what apps are running, if any, and see if you have options to leave them off (unless you need them).  Device manufacturers have been adding more and more "crud-ware" that runs all the time, even when the apps aren't likely to be used by the customer.  Any of these that can be disabled should be, but only disable apps that you clearly understand -- some critical device functions are controlled by "apps" that have names that make them sound optional.

Others here will suggest uninstalling and then re-installing TSTO.  Be sure you have connected and saved your game to Origin or you will lose it.  Also, when you re-install, you will have to play through the tutorial before you can connect to Origin again.

Disclaimer: I work in tech support for a cell phone carrier, but the information provided here is based on my own experiences and does not represent the official position of my employer.

If this answer helps you, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same or similar issue.  XP is greatly appreciated but not required.

Message 2 of 9 (4,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I pretty much only play on WiFi with it and have done so in a few different locations. Sometimes like at home I am the only one on and I haven't had any issue with it there before, same with a few other spots I use it at.
Everything else I play on my nexus works fine without any issue and I do close all programs when I leave them. I have also forced closed programs to double check they weren't running with tapped out. I have checked updates and everything is up-to-date and nothing is using data steam at the time. Unless I missed something. I have had he same stuff on my nexus for about 6months its only recently that tapped has started to have really staged movement, blinking items, characters switching with other characters and just slow. I noticed it only happens in my town or friends with big towns. Small towns it works normally.
I was debating to do a reinstall of tapped out and also a reset on my nexus since the new update came out.
Message 3 of 9 (4,227 Views)

This event is very heavy on the animations (criminals/felons running around) and demands more of your device than normal times. Same during other events with bunnies, aliens and whatnot. This can cause lagging but it will be back to normal when the event ends.
Other towns loadingtime is hard to adjust but in your own town there are ways to ease the lag. Boring but it helps. Store all nonplayable characters, send everyone on inside tasks and bring the total number of items in your town down to 5-6,000.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 9 (4,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ok, lags may be related to huge amount of animations or other stuff, but in that particular case game performance dropped from OK to NOT PLAYABLE just by updating from 5.0 to 5.1.
Message 5 of 9 (4,205 Views)
Highlighted

It takes time to update the games for new OSs. Often can an upgrade of the OS cause bugs/incompability until the game catches up on the programming. Sometimes it is better to wait on updating the OS so apps have time to adjust.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 9 (4,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I recently updated to 5.1 on my Nexis and have the same problem. Game is unplayable.
Message 7 of 9 (4,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
The same thing happened on my Note 4 running Android 5.0.1. Went from smooth and snappy to jerky and unplayable during the superhero quest. It has nothing to do with the network, but may have coincided with the upgrade to 5.0.1. I can still play on my Tab S 2015, which is running 4.4.2.

I hope someone is working on this, because my Tab is too big to carry everywhere. :-)
Message 8 of 9 (4,152 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fzbrill wrote:
The same thing happened on my Note 4 running Android 5.0.1. Went from smooth and snappy to jerky and unplayable during the superhero quest. It has nothing to do with the network, but may have coincided with the upgrade to 5.0.1. I can still play on my Tab S 2015, which is running 4.4.2.

I hope someone is working on this, because my Tab is too big to carry everywhere. :-)

You may need to speak with an EA game adviser to advise them of this problem and resolve this issue. Here is a good link to use: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 9 of 9 (4,148 Views)