Re: cant find gnome , the christmas event is over.

by gaitergrad25

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant find gnome , the christmas event is over.

★★★ Newbie

the event for christmas has been over a couple months, my gnome was in his box, i clicked the box, he escaped, and i cant find him . its been weeks and ive searched my town repetitively for hours and i just cant find him. How do i get him back in his box?

Message 1 of 4 (2,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@stevenic88

There is no benefit to letting the gnome out of his box.  The only thing that happens when you tap on him again is that he animates and then goes back in his box.

Pro Tip: Don't let the gnome out of his box!

As for getting him back in his box as suggested by @gaitergrad25, that will not get him back in his box.  You will have to find him in your town and then tap on him.  Here are some tips:

• The gnome will always be found on a road tile.
  • The gnome does not move
  • The gnome does like to hide, so he could be hidden behind a tree, decoration or building, but always on a road tile.

If you have been all over your town and you haven't found him, you can peek behind things to see if you can find him:

• Tap the 4 arrow icon (Edit Menu) at the bottom right side of the screen
  • On the right hand side of the screen, with the binoculars, tap on everything to close the eye symbols, except the people icon and the road/river/pavement icon
  • This will make all of the buildings and decorations semi-transparent, while keeping roads and characters clearly visible.
  • Search every road in your town until you find the gnome, exit out of edit mode and tap in the spot that you found him.

Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,336 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you try storing the gnome box? 

Message 2 of 4 (2,936 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@stevenic88

There is no benefit to letting the gnome out of his box.  The only thing that happens when you tap on him again is that he animates and then goes back in his box.

Pro Tip: Don't let the gnome out of his box!

As for getting him back in his box as suggested by @gaitergrad25, that will not get him back in his box.  You will have to find him in your town and then tap on him.  Here are some tips:

• The gnome will always be found on a road tile.
  • The gnome does not move
  • The gnome does like to hide, so he could be hidden behind a tree, decoration or building, but always on a road tile.

If you have been all over your town and you haven't found him, you can peek behind things to see if you can find him:

• Tap the 4 arrow icon (Edit Menu) at the bottom right side of the screen
  • On the right hand side of the screen, with the binoculars, tap on everything to close the eye symbols, except the people icon and the road/river/pavement icon
  • This will make all of the buildings and decorations semi-transparent, while keeping roads and characters clearly visible.
  • Search every road in your town until you find the gnome, exit out of edit mode and tap in the spot that you found him.

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 4 (3,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you

Message 4 of 4 (2,919 Views)