Re: Why are characters' sayings being cut off?

by minicha-em

Original Post

Why are characters' sayings being cut off?

★★★★★ Novice

Since the removal of the Terwilliger event my characters' sayings are being truncated when I select them and send them on a job.

I guess EA tried to stop them talking over each other, but this is even worse.

A big part of why I choose to buy premium items is whether they are voiced or not, premium or freemium I want to hear what they have to say - if lots of them are talking at the same time, so be it.

OK, it was a bit silly when a character was saying 2 things at the same time, but even that was preferable to this.

Sorry, EA, but any chance you can change this back to how it was? Or fix it another way so we can actually hear the whole phrase again?

Thanks!

(Yeah, I know this isn't an EA help-site per se, but I'm not sure it counts as a support call either and I know they drop by here from time to time)

Message 1 of 5 (237 Views)

The cut off only happens if you tap another character while one is still talking, just wait until the talker is done before you tap the next character.

Developers of this game does not frequent this Help Forum, so they're not likely to see your suggestion here.
Try the official forum instead, as the developers do go there to find suggestions and input. http://forum.ea.com/

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (228 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks. It's not practical to wait for them to finish when you have so many characters that all need to be sent to work.

What do you think? Do you prefer it how it is now or how it was before?

Message 3 of 5 (224 Views)

My bad. It does occure without tapping a second character.
Getting cut off when another character is tapped is the standard in another game, so Im used to it.
Doesnt really matter to me, personally, two talking at the same time or the second cancelling the first
but the cut off when you dont tap anything or anyone else is annoying! We should have the choice to hear it all.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 5 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I came here to post the same thing. I assumed it was on tapping someone else too but it just happened to me when I hadn't tapped anything.

I think the voices and the sayings are brilliant, I want to hear them!

Message 5 of 5 (213 Views)