Why am i not getting any plane tickets in the simpsons tapped out?

by kyleox11

Original Post

Re: Cannot making the Ticket

Champion (Retired)

Hi Yoonj,

Unfortunately EA do not frequent this board and so they are not likely to read your message.  But do not despair, you can contact them and in doing so, you can help with this problem.

It would appear that the server patch which increased the spawn time from 2 to 20 minutes caused an issue with some accounts.  This is not something that we can fix, but we can suggest a few things for you to do which might help;

• Re-Sync your game by visiting Krustyland or Other Springfield
  • Force close all apps including TSTO and then restart the game
  • Restart your device
  • Uninstall and then re-install the game (WARNING: only do this if your game is attached to an EA account and your game progress has been saved)

If you are still experiencing difficulties after doing all this, you will need to report the issue to EA directly so that they can investigate further:

• Click here to open the help portal
  • Select your platform and click next
  • Under topic select "Technical support"
  • Under issue select "Game progress issues"
  • Provide as much information as you can to explain what has happened and what you have done to rectify the problem yourself
  • If you can, include a screenshot or two showing the problem

Hopefully EA will get enough data from this so that they can isolate the problem and create a fix for it.

Have a great day.

Message 11 of 22 (745 Views)

Re: Why am i not getting any plane tickets in the simpsons tapped out?

★★ Novice
Ditto
Message 12 of 22 (708 Views)

Re: Cannot making the Ticket

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here, just keeps going to zero... I did all the above solutions, nothing fixed. I went to EA and submitted a claim, they emailed me back and said they cannot do anything and to come here for the solution and then closed my case. 

Message 13 of 22 (705 Views)

Re: Airport ticket generater

★ Novice

Same problem here. I tried the solutions for resetting the game, nothing worked. I am locked out of new plane tickets.

Message 14 of 22 (684 Views)

★★ Novice

I had success by doing the following

Go back to the game later (or just wait for it) when the timer is about to run out

Verify that a ticket is awarded

When I checked back after another 20 minutes I verified another ticket had been awarded and the timer then started again at 20 minutes

I will not say this is the permanent fix as I have only been able to verify the second ticket was awarded

Message 15 of 22 (668 Views)

Re: Airport ticket generater

★★ Novice

I had success by doing the following

Go back to the game later (or just wait for it) when the timer is about to run out

Verify that a ticket is awarded

When I checked back after another 20 minutes I verified another ticket had been awarded and the timer then started again at 20 minutes

I will not say this is the permanent fix as I have only been able to verify the second ticket was awarded

Message 16 of 22 (668 Views)

Hero (Retired)

My advice is to do a clean reinstall. My iPad update went wrong so I had to do one to fix things.

1. Make sure you have a log in for the game. If you're playing anonymously this could lose you your game.
2. Pull up the app manager and swipe the game away.
3. Uninstall the game.
4. Turn off your device.
5. Wait 15 to 20 seconds.
6. Turn on your device and install a fresh copy. If you're using an Apple device DO NOT reinstall from iTunes on your computer - that copy could be corrupt.
7. When you open the game DO NOT touch the screen except to enter your age and accept the license agreement until ALL the updates have finished downloading.
8. Log in

Please let us (and the other people in this thread) know if that worked for you... Or not.  Every bit of data helps in diagnosing problems.

Message 17 of 22 (634 Views)

★ Novice

Didn't work but I randomly got 3 for some reason

Message 18 of 22 (619 Views)

★ Novice

I randomly got 3 new tickets too, for what seems like no reason.

Message 19 of 22 (610 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Guys,

By hounding EA and contacting them in droves, we have shown to them that there was a problem and they have responded with a solution of their own.

EA HAVE ISSUED A PATCH TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

You can click on this link if you would like to read all of the patch notes, but the following has happened:

February 3rd Update ("4_25_AroundTheWorld_Patch3_PostLaunch")

• A glitch preventing the plane tickets from spawning, resetting their time limit, was fixed.

If after today you are still having problems, contact EA by following the instructions in my previous posts.  There was also a report earlier hat EA said they couldn't do anything and to come here for the solution.  If this happens, contact EA again, but be sure to include the fact that we cannot help with this problem and we are sending you to contact EA because the studio needs to be notified that there is a problem.  The developers for this game do not frequent this forum, so we need to get bug reports to them through a different method, and the only way is through contacting EA Technical Support.

Message 20 of 22 (594 Views)