When I try to buy donuts it says you already own this item

Message 1 of 12 (3,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When I try to buy donuts it says you already own this item

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marked as solution for visibility purposes

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing the device type. It seems to be popping up on Androids.

Could you please do the following and see if that helps with this error message:

1. Run through all of the steps shared in this article: Troubleshooting EA mobile games on Android devices
  2. Try the advise shared by @11EEvey above
  3. Try loading up the game on a second device and see if the error message appears there. 

Let us know if the issue persists after trying those steps. In your replies please also include the following details: 

• Confirmation that you've completed the steps outlined above  
  • A screenshot of the error message you're seeing in-game
  • An approximate date of when when this issue originally started cropping up for you
  • Make and model of your device
  • Any additional troubleshooting steps have you tried so far 

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (2,672 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Hh5677hhjhh 

Make sure you have an EA account that you use to log in and out

Install the game on a different device, can be Android or IOS.
If the device is someone's else's and they also play Tapped out, make sure they have their own account and do not play anonymously as they will lose their town if they do not.
Collect all quests and houses/business money in your town
Go to friend screen
Go to Other Springfield
Tap the 3 actions in that town
Go back to the friend screen and LOG OUT
Go back to your main device
You should be able to play normally
If you still have issues, contact EA directly through the game
Message 2 of 12 (3,225 Views)

Can't buy donuts

★★★ Newbie

When I try to buy donuts it says error and that I already own that item. Why is that?

Message 3 of 12 (3,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did what was said to do and it still gives me the message "you own this already"

Message 4 of 12 (2,805 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @angiebauti78,

Can you share whether you're playing on iOS or an Android device?

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 12 (2,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has been a continuous problem for me for over a year.  I play on an Android device, and to me it is absolutely ridiculous that I have to sign into yet another device as a means to work around the problem.

Fix this please..

Message 6 of 12 (2,719 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also suffering with the You already own this item error, tried on 3 different Android devices (2 phones and a tablet) one running Android 10, one running Android 9 and a tablet running Android 8, all return the same error, I only get this issue when there is a prize track that requires donut as part of the event, when purchasing donuts with a single bonus prize available it works fine, same when just purchasing donuts, this is the 3rd time I have had this problem and reported to support each time only to be told that the problem was forwarded to the developer never to hear anything again. 

Message 7 of 12 (2,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marked as solution for visibility purposes

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing the device type. It seems to be popping up on Androids.

Could you please do the following and see if that helps with this error message:

1. Run through all of the steps shared in this article: Troubleshooting EA mobile games on Android devices
  2. Try the advise shared by @11EEvey above
  3. Try loading up the game on a second device and see if the error message appears there. 

Let us know if the issue persists after trying those steps. In your replies please also include the following details: 

• Confirmation that you've completed the steps outlined above  
  • A screenshot of the error message you're seeing in-game
  • An approximate date of when when this issue originally started cropping up for you
  • Make and model of your device
  • Any additional troubleshooting steps have you tried so far 

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Message 8 of 12 (2,673 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm that I have tried all the troubleshooting steps from the link and those posted above by 11EEvey and those didn't solve my problem, the devices that I tried are a Huawei P30 Pro phone, Huawei AGS2-W09 tablet and a Samsung Galaxy S8+, I finally tried using a non supported method via PC and emulator still the same error, this problem occurred at launch of the event as I had no issues purchasing donuts before the event started, I also had the same issue (reported to support via email and was told that my problem was forwarded to the developer) during the last event that had a prize track that required the purchase of donuts to get the items in game, I can confirm that I have been able to purchase donuts with a bonus item without issue, the error appears with all amounts of donut purchases (900, 300, etc), thanks Gary.IMG_20211118_095732.jpg

Message 9 of 12 (2,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me I use a galaxy pro lite 5G model. It was working fine this morning as I have made around £30 in app purchase on this game the past 72 hours. Now I can't buy the following. Golden scratch card(only ever bought 1) £1.79 pack, £4.89 Aprx Park (purchased a few times) and also I can't buy the 8.99 Aprx pack ( purchased a couple of times)

Message 10 of 12 (2,288 Views)