“Warning” message. Can’t open game.

by wubbacake

Original Post

“Warning” message. Can’t open game.

★★★ Newbie

I have my game on both an iPad and Android phone, however I don’t play on my phone. I don’t even open the app on my phone. Suddenly a week ago or so when I open the app on my iPad and click, “Tap to continue” I get a page that says: Warning! Your other device didn’t save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing.” .  .  .  .  Reading this on my iPad I went to my phone and was signed into the program. But it also gave me the same message.  .  .  .  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. Still I get the same warming message when I try to open it.  .  .  .  When I logout and log back in on either device, the same warning comes up.  .  .  .  I have not been able to place the latest game because I cannot open the app.  .  .  .  Any suggestions? I did nothing to change either apps to warrant such a message. 

Message 1 of 5 (904 Views)

Re: “Warning” message. Can’t open game.

Hve you tried the "play now" button?

what happens?

If it say something about loosing progress, just tap continue anyway (any loss of progress is just from your last save so it should not be significant. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (877 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Screenshots attached from my device - I have 2 towns, I get these messages every time I switch towns. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 3 of 5 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Minecha-em ~ Thank you so much! That did the trick for me after being locked out. Also, despite hours and hours online trying to be able to email or chat directly with someone from EA, every page I went through required that to address my problem, I had to first be able to open my game. Thus I could never connect to help directly. Very frustrating. You saved me. I was locked out of my game for about 3 weeks and had almost given up altogether.

Message 4 of 5 (844 Views)

★★ Novice
@minicha-em Thanks so much, it worked, with no lost progress, that I can immediately see..😅 I always thought everything would be lost, if I tapped, play now..
Message 5 of 5 (479 Views)