Re: game crashes after update 4.51.5 on ios

by eworcg243

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Further to my long running blog on page five...

email received today from Advisor at EA Help....

12th October 2021 @ 22:25

understand and appreciate the request. The reality is games, apps and other mobile features do update and it really is the device maker - Apple, Samsung etc - that need to keep pace with these changes. The opposite is also true, when a device upgrades, apps and games need to match these changes.

So, in effect, as devices with iOS 12.5.5. are no longer upgradeable, it's unlikely any update will fix this issue and this is why the update will not be reversed, unfortunately.

I hope I'm not being too rude here but there just isn't anymore we can do to get the game working on your iPad. I do apologize again for the frustration, but it is out of our hands.

So - there you have it...... EA are no longer supporting devices running iOS 12.5.5

(CM: Please don't share another persons real name on the forums per the forum rules)
Message 161 of 181 (1,342 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No prizes for guessing where I got this from

"Compatibility

iPhone  Requires iOS 9.0 or later. iPad  Requires iPad OS 9.0 or later. iPod touch  Requires iOS 9.0 or later."

I thought o/s 12 was newer than o/s 9.  At least we have an answer, not the one we wanted, but an answer.

Where I am confused is that you can start and save a new town on o/s 12.5.5 - there is more to this than meets the eye.  I am using a Fire 7 - it is so under powered compared to my iPad Mini 2 and there is no way I can move things around, yet it works.

Message 162 of 181 (1,297 Views)

★★ Novice
@pt966 I can connect to older Ipad with older IOS, this is ridiculous.

Why did they delete some messages ?
Message 163 of 181 (930 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@quentins009 - check the full version of my interaction with EA help ... on page 5 of this listing..... it’s post #48

They don’t appear to have deleted any of my entries..... 😁
Message 164 of 181 (925 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@eworcg243 Exactly. My new town is doing fine (but I REALLY would like to get back to my old one -- I had a LOT of unspent donuts there).
Message 165 of 181 (908 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Wildrider51 If you are brave enough, use a different device and nuke your town. Then on your iPad load up your nuked town. It might work, it might not, I am not willing to give it a try since I do not know where to begin if I redesigned it, however, could store bits as a group. Are you feeling lucky?
Message 166 of 181 (876 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've never had the guts to nuke it....  

Message 167 of 181 (716 Views)

★ Novice

Doesn’t make sense as to why my iPhone XS Max is doing it? Any solutions as it’s been a month… 

Message 168 of 181 (518 Views)

Re: [Under Investigation] Game Crashing at Log In - IOS 12.5.5

★★★ Newbie

I have a 2015 iPad mini and the iOS is up to date as well. I too have had the issue there I can get to the login page, but then the donut just spins for a minute or two then the app closes out. I've also tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app, making sure no other applications are open, the date/time is set to automatic and deleting unused apps. I've had this issue since the update around 14Spet.2021, so hopefully EA can get this figured out. Especially since I've been playing since 2015, so I'd hate to loose all of my progress.

Message 169 of 181 (483 Views)

Application loads the login screen, but then it closes before the game loads.

★★★ Newbie

I have a 2015 iPad mini and the iOS is up to date as well. I have had the issue where I can get to the login page, but then the donut just spins for a minute or two before the app. just closes out. I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app, making sure no other applications are open, the date/time is set to automatic and deleting unused apps. I've had this issue since the update around 14Spet.2021, so hopefully EA can get this figured out. Especially since I've been playing since 2015, so I'd hate to loose all of my progress. I've submitted a work ticket for there being a bug, but so far the only advice I've gotten from EA is to turn to the troubleshooting community.

Message 170 of 181 (491 Views)