Re: game crashes after update 4.51.5 on ios

by castlebuilder141

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@Pukizha wrote:
My iphone XS max 2020 have the same issue and I have lot of memory

@Pukizha 

While you may have the same symptoms that this issue is presenting, I very much doubt it's from the same cause.  This particular issue is only affecting those who have an iDevice made before 2015.

Point #2: iDevices lie about how much free storage space they have remaining, so that's irrelevant.  You may actually be low on storage.

Meanwhile... There are a lot of things that could be causing your symptoms.  There's a few basic steps you can do to try to clear it up.

Pull up your app manager and swipe away all open apps.

Turn off your device.  That's OFF, not blank the screen or restart.  Hold the power button until "swipe to turn off" appears and swipe it.  This will clear problems that nothing else will clear.

Remove some stuff from your device.  Like I said above: these devices lie about free storage space.

Message 151 of 181 (1,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.. I have iPad Air first gen. so much space and it’s not working.. so frustrating ..I prefer to play on my iPad cuz of the bigger screen.. contacted customer service they said to contact manufacturer. What’s apple going to do.. nothing!!

Message 152 of 181 (1,024 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For all those affected by the “iPad iOS 12.5.5” issue....

this is is the latest reply from EA:

It seems iPads with iOS 12.5.5 are having still having this issue with the game. The crashing of the new account would increase and eventually stop performing once the live land got bigger and more content was added to it. It may well be the case that these Apple devices are at fault here, that they are too old for the game.

We'll keep looking into it but I cannot guarantee any positive outcome for the players with iPad iOS 12.5.5. There really isn't much more I can offer and I know the cloning of the account will not work. We only offer this for corrupted lands and as you are able to access the game on an iPhone the land is okay.

I sincerely apologize for the frustration this is causing.

I have added this this to my blog on page five!

Message 153 of 181 (894 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can't really afford a new ipad just to play the game, though the game is a daily ritual for so many years that I wish to play and enjoy it on an iPad. Can someone please advise what would be the oldest device likely to remain okay for this game? I have an ipad air with the 12.5.5. and am looking at refurbished ipads but the iPad air that I own is actually still quite expensive...

Message 154 of 181 (876 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hmmm....not so convinced with that EA update, so, overnight, with a single event update everything went pear shaped? iOS updated to 12.5.5 following these issues as they were first experienced on 12.5.4, so I cannot see that iOS is necessarily at fault. Something in that update changed causing these issues. Sort yourselves out EA.

As for the iPhone comment...untrue, again if your iPhone is on 12.5.5 as is the case on older models, you still cannot access the game.

Like many others, I am not in a position to be buying new devices in order to access the app.

i understand that devices will eventually fall behind a “required spec”, however a bit more of a heads up and a lot less of the excuses would be appreciated.

Message 155 of 181 (864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't really afford a new ipad just to play the game, though the game is a daily ritual for so many years that I wish to play and enjoy it on an iPad. Can someone please advise what would be the oldest device likely to remain okay for this game? I have an ipad air with the 12.5.5. and am looking at refurbished ipads but the iPad air that I own is actually still quite expensive...

I've been thinking the same . Looking into Kindle Fire, and other Android pads as much cheaper. Can anyone offer any advice?

Message 156 of 181 (827 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I play on the most recent Fire 8" tablet.  It's ok.  I picked it up on Prime Day for 49.95 I think.

I also have a Lenovo TB-8505FS tablet.  It's also ok, but irritating.  It doesn't want to let you completely close apps.  And I mean in a glitchy way: pull up the app manager and the app swipes itself away, but it's not really closed so you have to open something else, wait for it to load, then try again and close them both. 59.99 now?

Everything before the iPad Mini 4 is gonna have the same problem.  So mid 2015 and later for Apple devices.

This irks me so much because the game played best on the iPad Mini 2.

Message 157 of 181 (820 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Oh, I do NOT recommend Samsung devices.  Some are fine but other range from Problematic to won't play with Tapped Out.

Message 158 of 181 (819 Views)

@castlebuilder141 

oldest iPad that can do iOS 15.0.2 is gen 5

iPad gen 5-8 all had a launch price of $329 for 32GB, that is low for Apple

Current gen is 9

Oldest mini that can do iOS 15.0.2 is mini4, current is mini6

Oldest Air that can do 15.0.2 is either 2 or 3, Im not sure, current is Air4

All Pro's can do iOS 15.0.2 

Air and Pro are always more expensive, for just games and chats, it's not worth it. 

But if you use it for graphics, drawings etc, you might want something more than basic

I would not chose the oldest that can do iOS15

Maybe look into gen 7 or mini5?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 159 of 181 (808 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@minicha-em wrote:

@castlebuilder141 

I would not chose the oldest that can do iOS15

Maybe look into gen 7 or mini5?

I would not look into an Apple product at all.  I gave up on Mac computers because they stopped doing updates for my first generation Mac Mini. 

I was no longer able to update anything - including the email client and most importantly, the browser.  Once you can't update the browser a computer becomes so limited in what it can do it's practically useless.

That's when I jumped ship to Linux.  I did the math and figured out I could build TWO nice desktop computers for the price of the cheapest, least powerful Mac available.  So I did.

As for tablets: I'd say go for an Android unit.  Just do your research: as I've mentioned in previous posts there are some Samsungs that have problems with Tapped Out.  I'm still playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 from 2015.  It's sluggish when I load my neighbor's large overcrowded towns, but it works.

Message 160 of 181 (758 Views)