Re: game crashes after update 4.51.5 on ios

by wadebear

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@pt966 Cool! I haven't been able to make a new login from my iPad, although I started a new TSTO game. (It's tough, starting from scratch... and I left behind a LOT of donuts!)
Message 141 of 181 (769 Views)

★★ Apprentice

is there any guarantee that once your new town gets to a certain size it will too crash.  New iPad, android device, fire device or stop playing game are your only choices unless the game gets fixed.

Message 142 of 181 (695 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade I have plenty of free space and it still gives the same problem any other suggestions???
Message 143 of 181 (687 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pt966 wrote:

Full account in my blog on page five...

but...

today 

Steve from Ea would like me to verify (use a code emailed to me) my account.....

Could I then Creat a new TSTO Account & start a new TSTO Game....

they may then be able to “clone” my old game onto the new one!!

so - I created a new account & game - on my IPad (!!!) and have sent home the details!

strange - I tried to get the mayhem ID off the iPad - but that caused it to crash! So I got it off my iPhone (playing new game)....

yes - I did check to see if the old game would then play on iPad....Nope - it’s still broke!!

now waiting for the experts at EA to work some magic

This makes absolutely no sense to me.  There's nothing wrong with my game save - it plays just fine on Android device. 

Are you sure you're posting to the right thread?  This thread is about the game crashing on iDevices made before 2015.  It sounds more like a login problem with the new verification system.

Message 144 of 181 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@wadebear Yes - right thread - it will make sense if you find the full blog on page five 😃 - I cannot play using my iPad, but can on my iPhone.....blog covers the attempts by EA to find a solution to the problem.....
Blog had been updated again - they can’t “clone” the account to resolve this problem
Message 145 of 181 (626 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pt966 wrote:
@wadebear Yes - right thread - it will make sense if you find the full blog on page five 😃 - I cannot play using my iPad, but can on my iPhone.....blog covers the attempts by EA to find a solution to the problem.....
Blog had been updated again - they can’t “clone” the account to resolve this problem

It shouldn't be hard to fix this.  The game worked fine up to the Breakout Bounty event.  Just compare the code from 'Into the Simpsonverse' with 'Breakout Bounty'.

Something obviously got changed.

I've had exactly this kind of problem in the past with Apple computers - I'd look it up but a drive crash years ago lost me all my old emails.

Message 146 of 181 (610 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@eworcg243 That's a good point. Also, with my new town, I cannot get a new log in (it keeps telling me I have to enter my age, even though I have done so), so I'm out on everything you need with friends.
Message 147 of 181 (567 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@eworcg243 wrote:

is there any guarantee that once your new town gets to a certain size it will too crash.  New iPad, android device, fire device or stop playing game are your only choices unless the game gets fixed.

Actually...  If you can find an old Android device cheap...  I'm playing town on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 SM-T350 which... Um... Wow.  I didn't think they'd go for that much on eBay...

There's a few lower priced ones on there, but still...  Wow.

Message 148 of 181 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade My iphone XS max 2020 have the same issue and I have lot of memory
Message 149 of 181 (533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, was excited Wednesday to see the new face for THOH on my Simpsons login, but still not resolved. I have iPad Air 1st Gen, iOS 12.5.5 and cannot get past that spinning donut that kicks me out no matter how many times I've re-installed or logged in.

Like a lot of people on this thread I have a large amount of donuts unspent, and it's been 3 weeks or so since I last played. I'm missing my Springfield, but if it's because my device is out of date  just say so, instead of saying you're still looking into it!! or suggesting the troubleshooting ideas each time.

This is obviously Apple needing to constantly update/upgrade, and greedily wanting us to buy the latest devices with the largest memory. EA, you are playing their game too.

There is nothing wrong with my iPad and I resent the thought that I might not get to play my favourite game again, unless I dole out tons of dosh. It's a game, it's fun. and it's free. But it's obviously not supported by having out of date equipment!

Yes I'm angry and frustrated. I don't appreciate emails asking how you did with resolving the issue. Stupid!

Message 150 of 181 (469 Views)