Re: game crashes after update 4.51.5 on ios

by dencor1967

Original Post

Re: [Under Investigation] - Unable to Progress Storylines

★★ Apprentice

There was me expecting the iPad 2 mini would bug would be fixed, unfortunately not, splashscreen has changed, however  just like before, logs in, doughnut spins, 20/30 seconds later game terminates. Any help / ideas out there.

Message 131 of 181 (845 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, I tried logging out.  I'm able to start a brand-new Springfield.  I can't get to my old one at all. 

I'll miss my old one.  Yes, I was completely and totally "tapped out."  I couldn't advance any further, I had every character and NEARLY every building and topped up my currency every time I played... but I still had a few slots to fill in and a LOT of unspent donuts.  😭   And I'm sorry I won't be able to get the last few updates for it. 

But at least I can start over on my old iPad and don't have to race out and upgrade...  (yes, dang it, my iPad is old. It was a gift and has some sentimental value.)  

Damn it, this game is annoying at level 8.  

Now I have to come  up with a new login and everything.  How irritating. 

Message 132 of 181 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I’ts officiall now that EA don’t take their customers/players serious. The lates update did not do the trick and deep inside me something say’s it whould not. After have played this game from 2014 and never missed an event I must admit I feel betrayed by EA. This ridicullus handling of a large chunk of customers/players  by not try to solve the bug that causes the game to crash will not generade any new purshase from me. Yes, the Simpson tapped out is a free game. However me and many players have invest alot of money inside the game. That make us paying customers. But again thank you EA for your ”hard” effort to comunicate and solve this issue for your paying customers. THANK YOU!  But I really miss my game and my wake up ritual sience 2014...🤥

ipad mini 2 - iOS 12.5.5 with 12,5Gb available... 

Message 133 of 181 (776 Views)

★★ Novice

Also have iPad mini 2 with latest iOS. Same thing happens when I try getting game going splash screen for 20-30 seconds then game drops. I tried starting game logged out, once started game launched I then tried to login within the new game and getting message game already logged in on other device. I tried start anyway but game crashes all the same

so much for trying to stay currents on events

Message 134 of 181 (692 Views)

@dencor1967 

Latest iOS?

15.0.1?

or 12.5.5?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 135 of 181 (681 Views)

★★ Novice

I have Ipad Air first generation and my ios doesn't update anymore. Is this the problem? I can't playing? I've updated the game three or four times, but nothing can repair this crash/bug.
The screen stucks and my Ipad turn off. Frown

Message 136 of 181 (636 Views)

★★ Novice
@minicha-em iPad mini 2 with iOS 12.5.5
Message 137 of 181 (603 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@minicha-em O/s 12.5.5 15Gb free, iPad mini 2. NOT working for over 3 weeks. Enough info ?
Message 138 of 181 (592 Views)

★ Novice

It's when I load in to my town the game immediately crashes and it's so annoying

Message 139 of 181 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Full account in my blog on page five...

but...

today 

Advisor from Ea would like me to verify (use a code emailed to me) my account.....

Could I then Creat a new TSTO Account & start a new TSTO Game....

they may then be able to “clone” my old game onto the new one!!

so - I created a new account & game - on my IPad (!!!) and have sent home the details!

strange - I tried to get the mayhem ID off the iPad - but that caused it to crash! So I got it off my iPhone (playing new game)....

yes - I did check to see if the old game would then play on iPad....Nope - it’s still broke!!

now waiting for the experts at EA to work some magic

(CM: Please don't share another persons real name on the forums per the forum rules)

Message 140 of 181 (446 Views)