Re: Turn off notifications in Android

by souths1968

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Turn off notifications in Android

★★ Novice
How are notifications disabled in Android?
Message 5 of 92 (85,260 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
There is a solution .. Open up the game .. Once yu r in your neighborhood , tap the menu with the hammer that shows decorations and building options .. Once that little window pops up, tap the little i that's right beside the little camera and the options for sound r there .. Uncheck push notifications and viola! Hope this works!!

View in thread

Message 72 of 92 (11,642 Views)

All Replies

Android: cant shut homer up, cannot change the notification settings.

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i downloaded this game last night, played it for a while then today while at work my characters finished whatever jobs i gave them and then Homer decided to start yelling at the top of his voice "BETTER HIM THAN ME!"  this was a slight distraction and caused a few raised eye brows, i then spent about 5-10 minutes hunting around the interwebs looking for a solution and there are none.. (unless your on Jelly bean or and iPhone.)

Can i suggest that the next update for this game resolve the notification issue as its a pain as i will have to ensure that none of my characters finished a task while im at work..  or just uninstall the game untill this issue is fixed.

thank you.

Message 1 of 92 (48,269 Views)

Re: Android: cant shut homer up, cannot change the notification settings.

★★★ Novice

Ugh. I have a pre-paid phone and it's Android version 2.3.6 and there is no way that I am able to turn off Homer shouting all the time. I don't want to mute my volume because I get phone calls alot. It also disturbs the workplace and it's pretty annoying. I hope an update will fix this problem! I can't believe there isn't a settings menu for android. 

Message 2 of 92 (48,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Parameters / application / Springfield / do not show notifications Wink

Message 3 of 92 (48,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

No such thing as parameters on my phone. :/ 

Message 4 of 92 (48,197 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping this because this needs to be fixed. Some versions of androids don't have that options to turn it off in the application settings. 

Message 6 of 92 (84,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem with the razr maxx. Unable to turn homer notifications off!
Message 7 of 92 (84,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, these messages in the early hours are very frustrating!

Message 8 of 92 (83,846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, it is extremely annoying especially in the early hours of the morning!

Message 9 of 92 (47,943 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Just reviewed and gave 2 stars. /it didn't help that I turned it on today, & received a 72mb download without warning.

Message 10 of 92 (83,679 Views)