Re: Tapped out keeps crashing since 08/2019 update

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@EA_Lanna @EA_Cade Since the patch 4.39.1, some players are still unable to play. 

dgsmobile4512 wrote:

I cannot run this 4.39.1 update on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Android 4.2.2, it just shows a black screen and then drops out. I also have a Point of View Mobii Tab P780 with Android 4.4, and it plays for a minute and then drops out. I cannot afford to buy a new tablet just to continue playing, I have always played it on my Samsung.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/247498/patch-1-released-requires-store-u...

marim577 wrote:

It still crashes on my Android tablet (Galaxy Tab 2 with stock ROM - andorid 4.2.2). :'(

The error report says
Exception: "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError"
Source: "Runtime.java"
Source class: "java.lang.Runtime"
Method: "loadLibrary"
Row number: "383"

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/246866/new-update-crashing-after-30-sec-...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 161 of 173 (1,094 Views)

★★ Novice

I've fixed the problem for you. No need to thank me, EA.

Since the stack trace said that libopenal.so was missing I've rooted my device and copied the file from data\app-lib\[simpsons folder] to system\lib

Message 162 of 173 (1,077 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been a daily player for more than 5 years and can no longer play the game!  It crashes the moment I try to load it, every single time!  Message:  "Unfortunately, Tapped Out has stopped."

It went down after the update 3 weeks ago, and the new update has made no difference whatsoever!

I'm using a Sony Xperia Tablet Z with Android 4.1.2.

Does anyone have any ideas for either a fix or how to escalate this to EA directly?  Thanks!

Message 163 of 173 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@GreatWillville wrote:

I've been a daily player for more than 5 years and can no longer play the game!  It crashes the moment I try to load it, every single time!  Message:  "Unfortunately, Tapped Out has stopped."

It went down after the update 3 weeks ago, and the new update has made no difference whatsoever!

I'm using a Sony Xperia Tablet Z with Android 4.1.2.

Does anyone have any ideas for either a fix or how to escalate this to EA directly?  Thanks!

Look the error report, if the exception is "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError" there's a good chance you have to either do one of the following 2 things:

1) wait for ea to fix it

(lets not recommend to root the device, we don't support or recommend it to solve issues as it can do more harm then good) - Atic 

Message 164 of 173 (1,036 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks @marim577.  Yes, "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError" is the error.  I'd rather not root my device though just for this one game.

If the fix is that simple though, surely EA could release a working version very quickly!?!

Message 165 of 173 (1,017 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@EA_Atic @EA_Lanna @EA_Cade The patch 4.39.1 fixed the problem for most players, however there are many still unable to play. Has this been reported to the studio team so they can fix it? 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 166 of 173 (878 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Muhsterino, yes I've escalated up examples so it's on the studio's radar and being looked into.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 167 of 173 (869 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@EA_Lanna Thanks for your quick reply, good to hear that the studio are aware of this ongoing issue. 

Message 168 of 173 (865 Views)

Re: Tsto crashes since last update

★★★ Newbie

Mine has worked fine with IPAD...

Message 169 of 173 (779 Views)

Re: Tsto crashes since last update

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, same problem here. I have a galaxy tab s2, a Samsung a5 2017 and a xiaomi redmi note 5a. All three of them are facing the same issue. I hope that they will fix it 

Message 170 of 173 (565 Views)