Re: Tip for getting extra goo

by mister-dugan

Original Post

Tip for getting extra goo

★ Guide

Hi all,

When visiting your neighbours, if you tap on already haunted houses, you will get 2 goo instead of only 1.

have fun!

Message 1 of 7 (475 Views)

★ Pro

Except then you are taking away that goo from the neighbor you are  visiting. Then they get none instead of what they have earned. So, I guess it depends on what you feel is fair. I wouldn't want someone stealing my goo. Would you want everyone who visited you to steal yours? Just saying, it's something to think about.

Message 2 of 7 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That is not true...they get 2 as well....or at least I have gotten 2 from it. 

Also, you can only do this once (ie once a building has been tapped twice it cannt be tapped again til its cleared by the owner of it)

Message 3 of 7 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Apologies for a tangential question, but people seem to be under the impression that they shouldn't squash gremlins others leave because somehow that hurts the other player.

I thought the whole point was to squash them to give yourself the goo and the other player then gets their goo and they also ten get more gremlins to place again. If you don't squash the gremlins, you get full up of gremlins and then nobody has any spots to put their gremlins anymore. Am I wrong?

Message 4 of 7 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

If you don't squash gremlins, then the person that drops them gets 4 points after 4 hours of not being squashed.

If you squash gremlins before the 4 hours are up, then you get 2 point per gremlins, and they get 2 points per gremin, *and* you clear the queue for others to leave gremlins.

Additionally, when you squash gremlins, there is a chance for you to get a gremlin "spawn" to leave in other people's towns.

4 GOO points for one person vs 2+2 GOO points shared PLUS a cleared queue PLUS a chance for more gremlin spawn to share 2+2 point more.

Hands-down, harvesting gremlins in your town as fast as you can is best for everyone involved.

Message 5 of 7 (375 Views)

★★ Guide

But instead of them having six houses to tap on they would only have three houses to tap on. So tapping on houses that have already been haunted is taking goo away from your neighbor.

Message 6 of 7 (356 Views)

★ Guide

I dont think so.....

If one person taps your house, you get 1 goo.  If two people tap on the house, you get two goos. This potentially gets you double the amount of goo if all your houses get tapped twice before you visit.

It also allows people who visit you to have more opportunity to leave you goo.  Remember the valentines day thing? most of the houses had already been tapped meaning you got nothing, and the person you visited also missed out on your visit (unless you kept trying)

I think this is much better.

Message 7 of 7 (346 Views)