Re: The new Halloween event on the Simpsons is not working.

by severnymph

Original Post

The new Halloween event on the Simpsons is not working.

★★ Newbie

The new Halloween special sucks. I can't do anything but fight the monster and the are no monsters running around for me to kill. So I can't earn any of the free prize in the last stage this is bull. I hate games that put out bull * specials that don't work or that you can't achieve. And you damn question page doesn't even work correctly on a tablet. I am considering quitting the game.

Message 1 of 13 (1,576 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi,
I’m completely with you on this one! Have you tried visiting your neighbors yet? I actually spent the $$ to get the card to get “extra benefits” from neighbors. Well, it doesn’t work! I put a request into the EA Support and they did their Normal..... sayin that they tried to call 2 times ( they didn’t) when it was clearly stated in the long message I had to fill that I was to receive EMAIL as a response! Now they’ve closed my ticket and I have to do this ALL over again!! I’m really growing tired of EA and the way they treat US, their loyal players!! The last Event with the Concert was also really messed up & they ( The EA Tech Support, even told me that they new about the issues ). How low can ya go, ya know what I mean?? To know something isn’t right but not DO anything about it!
I’m on the verge of saying goodbye to the game.
Message 2 of 13 (1,514 Views)

Hi friend,
Sorry for your frustration. New events are always hard. Would need more info to help specifically.
Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 3 of 13 (1,501 Views)

★★ Novice

In both Hocus Bogus part 1 and Rock and Troll part 1, the counters keeps resetting to 0/15.  Each monster takes 4 hours. There are only 3 characters to use, Lisa, Bart & Milhouse. You can't use more than one at a time because what's the point if it only counts as 1, and then after killing, or capturing, a few times, it goes back to 0!

Message 4 of 13 (1,371 Views)

★★ Novice

This year, the monsters are there, but the counter keeps resetting to zero.  Another year, another problem.

Message 5 of 13 (1,369 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi everyone,
The Wiggum child can be used as well once he’s done his “training”.
What I have found disappointing is that you only get benefits from visiting 13-15 neighbors a day. This combined with the very low monsters that spawn in owe towns are almost laughable if it wasn’t so flat out sad that this was the best they could come up with for their Loyal Players & program watchers! Items are overpriced for the amount of creatures that are spawned each hour or so.
Since when did Simpsons game makers sell their souls and make it to where they are now money 💰 hungry 😋. That’s the way they come across now. Buy this character for a plot line, buy this character to get help in Events. 😓.
How about before charging for your characters fix the ones that are actually not working or available due to what I can only contribute to laziness or the old Corporate “Doesn’t Matter If we’ Making bank “.

Apologies, don’t mean to be so hard on here but I’m just so annoyed 😒 the way big companies Tech Support treat people, such as myself.

emilylerch23
Message 6 of 13 (1,362 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi,
I understand the frustration with having to get these creatures & by the Quest,s own lingo, can confuse many. My 1st creature left me scratching my head. But we are in 1st step take away the “Evil in them from He Wh Can’t Be Named” then 2nd step is to once Evil removal done, is enchanted them w/.... I guess positive Power, as it were.

My biggest issue is that everything is Too expensive in the Halloween Event shop. We need to be able to get more by visiting more neighbors than just 10-14. 14 is if you’re having a lucky 🍀 day.

Hope this helps y’all understand a bit of what their intentions are when it comes to the creatures.
Take care and have fun.
emilylerch23
Message 7 of 13 (1,274 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi johncolombo,
What do You think about this Event? Only being able to get help from a dozen neighbors per day? Not exactly Fair when people spend their money for a card to get so called “extra benefits” but then they basically cut your possible earnings in half (@ least) ! The critters that are to be removed from our towns are so small in number & only really come back w/ any real #’s is about every 3-4 hours. How do They expect a player to get anywhere or have any real fun when it seems everything is stacked against success??
I’ve been trying to get a hold of EA Support since the beginning and all I get is run around. They say that they called, I have PROOF they didn’t! They don’t respond via email either, unless it’s a request to take a survey about how well they did handling my issue.
If you were in my shoes what would you do?? I’m actually very interested and as always very grateful for your help, time, understanding & kindness. Your opinion,view point & knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thank you 🙏🏼 so much.
emilylerch23
Message 8 of 13 (1,260 Views)

Hi Emily,

I think this event is fine it's just very slow paced. TBH the licensees are not worth buying for any event unless you don't have time to visit neighbors so yes it cuts visits  in half for the same amount of currency you can earn without it. I've also found that I have not been visiting neighbors at all and have had no problems getting the required currency for the game play. Crafting I can't address yet, the gold does seem hard to get but There's not really a lot I personally want from the crafting track and we still have 5 days of act 2 then act 3. For all we know act 3 may have a way to earn more gold.  

Just to backtrack I am not an EA employee so my opinions are my own and I do not officially speak for the company unless asked to put a message out in the main tapped out forum. 

Support is most likely not going to be able to help you since your purchase is working within the parameters of the game. I'd just chalk it up to experience and not buy a licenses again. After all it is just a game and many people have made purchases they later regretted but they moved on. I don't see it as dishonest or anyone's fault. 

I'm flattered that you value my opinion so much Large smile and wish I could do more to help. You may try and open as many tickets with EA as you like, but I have a feeling this isn't going to go anywhere. Have a wonderful evening and I'm always here if you need me. Good luck and my best to you.

John

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Message 9 of 13 (1,251 Views)

Hi Sev,

are you sure you not getting anything when fighting the monsters? It does take a long time and it's worded rather oddly. you actually need to do the task about 7-8 times? I wasn't really counting. Look at the flames. Every Time you send a character to fight they either count as a half flame of a full flame you can see the flame next to the character. On the top of the screen to the left if how your progression. After that is done the creature then needs to be enchanted. Enchanting symbol is a circle and it counts up not down like the flame. You have to do that 7-8 times. Then you have beaten that monster and it can earn prizes. Hope that makes sense and helps. 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Message 10 of 13 (1,250 Views)