The Wild West event update hates me

by abby1768762

Original Post

Re: The Wild West event update hates me

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yeah, same here. My game glitched and gave me Act 2 content. Game crashed and the Act 2 stuff disappeared except I have a jail now and Snake has a currency earning task and bandits are randomly dropping guns.

Whenever I try to turn in resources for clues - my game immediately crashes

Message 11 of 26 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I press the update it loops back on iits self so can't open the game also have the double

XP.cash machine running in the game so I'm missing the days I payed for....

Message 12 of 26 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@gameid5000 wrote:

I can't use the General Store to exchange items - that's what triggers my crash.

I'm having many of the same issues, but this is the one that is killing me.  Every time I click on "Hand In" on the General Store screen, the game abruptly quits to the desktop. This is happening on every single device I've tried it on, Android (Nexus 9 tablet and Samsung S7 phone) and iOS (iPod Touch and iPad 2). They all crash in the General Store. With that many popular devices failing, I can't believe this hasn't gotten more attention.

Needless to say, this is one of the few ways to earn Clues, so I am way behind in this event!

Message 13 of 26 (526 Views)

Betreff: The Wild West event update hates me

★★ Novice

First of all I had to release more than 1GB (totally ununacceptable) storage in order to be able to update the game (too late, btw as always...  in spite of automatic updates).

The issue I'm experiencing is that the game freezes as soon as Maggie vanishes during 'Where's Maggie'... And after reading all these posts, I'm happy that this is all I have to complain about. Yet. The so-called fix this afternoon did not help in any way. Well, let's hope these glitches will be history soon! 

Message 14 of 26 (502 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@briefkaste124 wrote:
The issue I'm experiencing is that the game freezes as soon as Maggie vanishes during 'Where's Maggie'... And after reading all these posts, I'm happy that this is all I have to complain about. Yet. The so-called fix this afternoon did not help in any way. Well, let's hope these glitches will be history soon! 

This happens in my Samsung Galaxy game.  If I wait about a minute or two it unfreezes and continues.

It's also happening on my iPad Mini, but doesn't take as long to unfreeze.

Strangely, it's NOT happening on my old Nexus 7.

Yes, I'm playing 3 iterations of this game on 3 devices.  I'm that addicted.

Message 15 of 26 (486 Views)

★ Novice

Такая же ерунда ( вылетает игра, при попытке обменять ресурсы. 

Глюк с кучей прошлых квестов исчез, а вылет нет(( смысл играть, если прогресс не возможен

Message 16 of 26 (470 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello my fellow frustrated Springfielders I'd like to say no news is good news, but I'd be a liar. I can report that my game started tasks from Halloween to the Mars mini last night. While I thoroughly enjoy the Halloween event I'd like to get the through the wild west event. so old events started up again, I just reset the game and it went away.

In addition to that correctable disaster my game skipped ahead to act 3. I can tell you the prize track for act 3, but that's not going to be helpful to anyone at this point. Again, after a hard restart everything went back to "normal." And when I say normal I mean glitches, where's Maggie crashes, can't visit any neighbors before crashing.

My general store is working, the only thing that's working. I'm pretty sure I read on tstoaddicts that as long as you can still earn the currency for crafting you have until the last day of act 1 to purchase stuff from the general store so try to clear out bandits and send whoever you can to the saloon.

All the assurances I've heard from EA says they're aware of the issue and are working on it. So hopefully they'll figure something out before act 1 ends. I'm sure we've got to finish the tasks from act 1 before we can move onto tasks far act 2. They have 8 days to fix this or I say we get together and riot!!!

Message 17 of 26 (413 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. When I try to turn in my resources for clues, my game immediately crashes.

I would appreciate any help solving this.

Message 18 of 26 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Zoe wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear the latest update is not working for you. Just wanted to confirm that the studio is aware of these issues so keep an eye on upcoming updates.

Is anybody at EA working on this issue?? (see my post in this thread.)  In addition to what I say in my post, I've even tried downloading AMIDuOS emulator and running Tapped Out on my Windows PC. The same thing happens when I click "Hand In" in the General Store: the game freezes and everything stops working. I've been playing this for a year and a half and I'm about to give up on it.  I haven't earned any clues since last Wednesday!

UPDATE: I'm happy to report that as of the update this morning (4/27/2016) this issue has been resolved for me!  I can confirm that it is now working on my Android tablet and phone, as well as my iPad!  Good work dev team!

Message 19 of 26 (348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ditto to all the problems mentioned previously. I deleted last night and reinstalled. I can't remember exactly what story line reappeared this morning. After almost a week of this, my frustration level and disappointment in EA not doing anything except for issuing a patch that didn't work, is just typical of all the frustration others have had with EA for years.

Message 20 of 26 (341 Views)