Re: The Wild West event update hates me

by abby1768762

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Ok so I filed a complaint with a case number and everything. I am playing on a kindle fire and the fella a signed to my case had me restore the kindle back to the factory default and start the installation of the game over and all the rest of my stuff. Yeah so that didn't work for me so I shot an email back to them.

I'm gonna say if you're playing on a device that doesn't have your entire world on it give the factory default a shot. Especially since I'm sure you're like me and have triend everything you could possibly think of. Honestly, the only reason I did it was because I've got books, games and random apps already in the cloud. The only thing I have to remember is my Netflix password (which I have written inside the kindle cover because I forget if all the time).

Good luck for now and I'll keep ya'll posted.
Message 21 of 26 (420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me, act 3 content became available then a bunch of old quests dating back to July fourth began popping up. Now I'm generating guns, but general store trade in crashes the game immediately.  

Message 22 of 26 (406 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have any of these updates fixed anything for the people here? I still can't play any of the Wild West event stuff.

Message 23 of 26 (349 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hey there sporg919, I just got off the phone with EA. According to my new friend Jyoti at EA technical support the Kindle Fire HD I've been playing the Simpsons tapped out game since the games release in 2013 is now officially out of date. It was suggested to me that I try to download and play the game on a newer android device that should support the new and improved graphics. But alas I am one of the few freaks that prefer a Windows phone over apple and droid. Apparently it's the new graphics that's messing all of our games up.

I tried to install the game on another Kindle, unfortunately the kindle is as old as mine is and it the game did all the same crashing and freezing as it does on mine. So it's possible EA isn't as full of poop as I had assumed/hoped they were.

This means I'll be headed to best buy tomorrow to find the least expensive Kindle I can get my grubby little hands on so I may continue playing this "life ruiningly fun" freemium game.

I truly hope this will help you and everyone else having this hellish nightmare of a problem. And hopefully you have another droid device you can test this theory on. And as soon as I pick up the $50 kindle I'll let you know if it works.
Message 24 of 26 (336 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the updates on your investigation progress abby1768762. A new device to continue playing?  Well after 3 years of tapped out it looks like the life ruining fun has come to an end.  Oh look, what is that bright yellow thing in the sky?

Good luck everyone.

Hi EA - As a recommendation, if a game update is going to require an increase in the minimum recommended configuration/settings so the game can run successfully, please be sure to update the app stores details so customers are aware.

I'd love to continue playing but cannot see purchasing a newer Kindle Fire HD when the device works for everything else I do.

If there is a way to resolve the issue for older devices (Kindle Fire HD 2013 edition) I'd love to continue playing.

Message 25 of 26 (323 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm glad me venting about my progress or lack there of has been helpful...I probably should have mentioned I had gift cards for best buy which is why I headed there first thing this morning to grab the baby kindle for $50. And I hate to admit it but tech support was right. My elderly kindle was to blame and the game is working fine. No glitching or freezing. Find Maggie is working and I even made it to visit my neighbors without any problems! I should probably bring them a pie or something as an apology for not visiting sooner.

I do completely agree with you, EA should be working a little harder to fix all of these issues we're all having or at least put some sort of disclaimer in the app store so we're all prepared for the insanity, I mean issues everyone is experiencing. Especially for those of us using older devices.

With that being said I did notice something...during one of the many uninstall/reinstall I did on the big kindle the update build was huge for me, over 900mg. When I installed on the new baby kindle it was only a little over 500. I'm not implying that this game should take that much memory on any device, but I wonder if the reason it was so large was because they were aware of all the issues and tried to prevent it.

Seriously I do hope this is helpful and good luck to everyone. Oh and I think that bright yellow thing on the sky is called the sun. Not gonna lie, I totally had to google it. Lol
Message 26 of 26 (590 Views)