The Wild West event update hates me

by abby1768762

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Wild West event update hates me

★★★★ Novice

Dear me I'm having a bunch of issues with the wild west update. First, the game crashes when I try to visit a neighbor, any neighbor including Other Springfield. Because of this I'm stuck on the seventh task of the main quest. Second, find Maggie is a nightmare...there's quite a lapse in the countdown then the game glitches and eventually crashes (the only good thing is I haven't had to wait 16 hours for it to try again, but the game crashes when I try so I've given up for now). Lastly the gameplay itself is sluggish with lots of glitches. And the weirdest thing was somehow good old' Gil showed up with the black Friday sale from this past Thanksgiving. Then the game started the the quests for this past Easter and St. Party's event and the Mars mini event. Did a hard reset and all those tasks went away but like I said very weird.

And yes, before anyone suggests it, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game  three times and that hasn't helped. I have 6 gigs free on my Kindle so memory is not an issue either. Generally I'm pretty good at troubleshooting when it comes to game issues but, trying to figure this out is making my brain hurt. HELP!

I realize it's been a whole 36 hours into the event but that's also how long the game has been completely bonkers. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Message 1 of 26 (863 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Wild West event update hates me

★★★★ Novice
I'm glad me venting about my progress or lack there of has been helpful...I probably should have mentioned I had gift cards for best buy which is why I headed there first thing this morning to grab the baby kindle for $50. And I hate to admit it but tech support was right. My elderly kindle was to blame and the game is working fine. No glitching or freezing. Find Maggie is working and I even made it to visit my neighbors without any problems! I should probably bring them a pie or something as an apology for not visiting sooner.

I do completely agree with you, EA should be working a little harder to fix all of these issues we're all having or at least put some sort of disclaimer in the app store so we're all prepared for the insanity, I mean issues everyone is experiencing. Especially for those of us using older devices.

With that being said I did notice something...during one of the many uninstall/reinstall I did on the big kindle the update build was huge for me, over 900mg. When I installed on the new baby kindle it was only a little over 500. I'm not implying that this game should take that much memory on any device, but I wonder if the reason it was so large was because they were aware of all the issues and tried to prevent it.

Seriously I do hope this is helpful and good luck to everyone. Oh and I think that bright yellow thing on the sky is called the sun. Not gonna lie, I totally had to google it. Lol

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (591 Views)

All Replies

There was an emergency patch released as an ingame update a few hours ago, did that help?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 26 (845 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Unfortunately no. The only thing that has been resolved are the past event tasks have gone away and not come back.

And I just noticed I have a few prospectors wandering around my Springfield that do not respond to being tapped. You'd think the poor fella would have a concussion for all the times I've hit him in the head and he won't go away.
Message 3 of 26 (831 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exact same thing happened to me on android! The update reset my event and now I''m stuck on part 3 also. 

Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Message 4 of 26 (795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I opened a case with EA this morning for similar issues, but no word yet on a fix.

I can't use the General Store to exchange items - that's what triggers my crash.

But I saw all those same tasks pile into my game and then go after a logoff / hard reset / logon.  Crash issue still persists.

Message 5 of 26 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys I'd love to tell you I figured out a solution, but that would be a blatant lie. There was a little update that went thru the game late this afternoon which did absolutely nothing to fix any of the issues we have. Despite that I figured ah what the heck I'll uninstall and reinstall again. Yeah don't do that, all it's going to do is waste your time and make you more angry than you were before you stupidly decided to uninstall and reinstall. Actually, the only thing that happened was some of the quests for the Terwilliger event popped up in my task bar. And now I get about 4 minutes worth of no glitching in the game before it crashes. The good news there was when I finally got to get back into the game the Terwilliger tasks went away, so yeah added bonus.

I think the general store is the only thing that's working properly in my game. I'm honestly shocked that anything is working properly in the game at this point.

If I actually get anything accomplished I'll post it back here to keep everyone updated. Hopefully  I'll have better luck tomorrow but, I'm not going to hold my breath. good luck to you until then.

Message 6 of 26 (762 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issues with exactly the same things happening 

Message 7 of 26 (730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue. Events as far back as last independence day are popping up and crashing my game. Not sure what I can do either. It gave the the jail also and started popping act 2 event currency which Im assuming is crashing my game.

Message 8 of 26 (721 Views)

★ Novice

Hello...  Similar freezing / hung gameplay as everyone has reported above, including unable to visit neighbors. I haven't experienced old tasks reoccurring.

I removed the game from my Kindle Fire HD, cloud storage, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and signed in.  No luck with issue resolution.  Just over 4.5 GB free space, so not an issue there.

Maybe once the issue is resolved EA can extend the update duration?

Message 9 of 26 (714 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear the latest update is not working for you. Just wanted to confirm that the studio is aware of these issues so keep an eye on upcoming updates.

Message 10 of 26 (698 Views)