The Simpsons Tapped Out for Kindle Fire - Says to update, send you to amazon page, only lets you open app, Not update. Cannot get into game

by twistervid656

Original Post

The Simpsons Tapped Out for Kindle Fire - Says to update, send you to amazon page, only lets you open app, Not update. Cannot get into game

★★★ Newbie

Message 1 of 16 (3,199 Views)

Re: The Simpsons Tapped Out for Kindle Fire - Says to update, send you to amazon page, only lets you open app, Not update. Cannot get into game

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Have you tried completely uninstalling the game from your Kindle and reinstalling it from scratch from the App Store? This may force it to download the most recently updated version of the game.

-------------------------

Message 2 of 16 (3,135 Views)

Re: The Simpsons Tapped Out for Kindle Fire - Says to update, send you to amazon

★★ Novice
Me to I have tried every thing and can't open it. U try to email EA to get a answer and they send you to a pointless troubleshooting page. I'm getting pist off I want to play my game on a bigger screen.
Message 3 of 16 (2,354 Views)

Re: The Simpsons Tapped Out for Kindle Fire - Says to update, send you to amazon

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too, I got the kindle fire 10 yesterday, the game plays fine on my cell phone all the updates, but my kindle does the same thing yours is doing for the update. I'm level 58.this is frustrating.

Message 4 of 16 (2,255 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too...I second the pissed off sentiment.

Message 5 of 16 (2,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It looks like they published the update for the older Fire tablets, but not the newer ones.

Looking at the Amazon page for my "compatible devices", it only shows my old Fire, not the one I purchased last month.

Message 6 of 16 (2,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have even tried downloading it from the Google play store through other means and it still installs an older version.

Message 7 of 16 (2,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happening to me too - updates fine to my apple devices and Android devices - except my new 5th gen kindle fire.  Anyone find a solution yet?

Message 8 of 16 (2,211 Views)

★ Newbie

I don't wanna start from scratch it's taken me over a year to get to the level I'm on so that's not an option all I wanna do is update it and play I'm pissed off the stats need to sort it fast

Message 9 of 16 (2,119 Views)

★ Newbie

I don't wanna start from scratch it's taken me over a year to get to the level I'm on so that's not an option all I wanna do is update it and play I'm pissed off the stats need to sort it fast

Message 10 of 16 (2,113 Views)