Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out crash report

by mathewheon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Simpsons: Tapped Out crash report

★ Novice

Hi there. Please see the attached screenshots.

My Tapped Out app crashes whenever I try to visit my friend’s Springfields. I have reinstalled the game. I have updated the game. I have hard reset my device. I have cleared my iPhone 8’s browser cache. I have even updated my iOS. I have closed all other apps, and this is the only instance of occurrences of crashing on my device.

Message 1 of 7 (1,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Ah, +40GB is ample but how were we suppose to know what ample is for you, some think 2GB is ample if they have  4GB total, just sayin'

Developers of this game does not frequent this Help Forum, so they're not likely to see your feedback here.

Try the official forum instead, as the developers do go there to find suggestions and input. http://forum.ea.com/

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.

Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,609 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi, it seems as though you have tried all the troubleshooting steps. Just to check, do you have plenty of space on your device and the gameplay in your town runs smoothly?  Some Apple products need 4-5GB to run efficiently. Have you installed the latest update form the App Store, the valentines event? 

@minicha-em Any other ideas or suggestions? 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 2 of 7 (1,652 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Hey! I have ample space, gameplay runs smoothly and my game version is updated.
Message 3 of 7 (1,648 Views)

No other suggestion, just Basic Trouble shoot
"ample space" is arbitrary so I have no idea if OP needs to free up more space or not

Resynch by visiting a friend
Log out/Log in
Hardclose game
Restart device
Clear cache
Free up space

Load on another device
Try a different wifi/connection/internet/broadband

If connected to EA/Origin: do a delete/reinstall of the game
If you play Anonymously a delete/reinstall will get your game lost

This is what you can do on your own, if this does not help, contact support.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 7 (1,635 Views)

★ Novice

I have contacted support, they weren’t much help. This is why I started this thread...so that the devs could see. Also, to answer non-arbitrarily: there is currently 17.3 GB used on my 64 GB device for a total of 40.7 GB of free space.

Message 5 of 7 (1,621 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ah, +40GB is ample but how were we suppose to know what ample is for you, some think 2GB is ample if they have  4GB total, just sayin'

Developers of this game does not frequent this Help Forum, so they're not likely to see your feedback here.

Try the official forum instead, as the developers do go there to find suggestions and input. http://forum.ea.com/

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.

Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 7 (1,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same * issue. This is *!

Message 7 of 7 (1,350 Views)