Re: Tapped out crashes after Christmas 2014 update

by jedly1975

Original Post

Re: Simpsons tapped out crashing -corrupt account?

★★★ Newbie

Last night I had completed the Santa task that unlocked the float and was reading through the dialog bubbles when the app crashed. Since then I have not been able to get the game to launch without crashing. It will load the game, I tap to begin, it prompts "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing.", and then I click Play Now and it prompts "Some progress made on your other device may be lost.", and I choose Continue. The donut spins a little, then it freezes and it crashes and displays "Unfortunately, Tapped Out has stopped."

I'm getting the same error on Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S5. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and signing out/in to my Origin account.

Message 16 of 515 (1,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the EXACT SAME ISSUE!! I have tried to resolve it for literally the last 4 hours this morning. . . 

Message 17 of 515 (1,425 Views)

Re: Simpsons tapped out crashing

I have moved some posts to this thread in hopes to clear up the boards and keep everything in one place. Don't want anyone to Gert lost on the boards. 

Hopefully there will be a fix as EA is aware of this issue. 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 515 (1,401 Views)

Re: The Simpsons Tapped Out Crashing since update!!!

★★ Novice
Username-tina_wyse660
Device-iphone5
Last played yesterday 12-4-14
Message 22 of 515 (1,401 Views)

simpson tapped out

★★★ Newbie
After recent updates my tapped out won't finish update, can't unistall from my iPad mini or reinstall. And the icon has disappeared off my screen??
Message 23 of 515 (1,402 Views)

Re: simpson tapped out

@badvie670 can you uninstall it from the app store? 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 515 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same thing happening on my S4. Have unistalled and reinstalled to no avail

Message 25 of 515 (1,390 Views)

★ Novice
Crash since latest update
iPhone 5s
iPad A1430
Latest iOS
Last played 10p EST
Had one task left in elf tunnel 2 & 3, should've woke to my bonus instead crashing since 730a EST
User duma1300
Message 26 of 515 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Updated evening of Dec 3. Played normally up to about 630 pm est on Dec 4. Have been unable to play since about 11 pm est Dec 4. Get to the log in screen, hit continue, app closes. Uninstalled app, shut down & restarted phone, reinstalled app. Still have the issue. Emailed support just before posting, awaiting response. Playing on a droid maxx running android 4.4 with nearly 5 GB free app space. Username: seansaw
Message 27 of 515 (1,374 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here after the initial xmas update was able to play, etc. but when I came back a hours later, game will not load.

I do the tap to continue and it crashes straight to the homescreen.

device: nexus 5

Already tried, force closing app, restart phone, delete and reinstall application. Nothing worked.

Message 28 of 515 (1,362 Views)