Re: Tapped out lag and stutter after 4.4 KitKat upgrade

by Hest

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, the OTA update to Kitkat 4.4.2 and the latest Springfield christmas update did not help Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 11 of 21 (2,468 Views)

★ Novice

Same here -- I tried just the Christmas update first to see if they fixed it on their end.. no luck. Then tried the 4.4.2 update.. still stuttering like crazy. Confusedmileysad:

Message 12 of 21 (2,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 updates seemed to help slightly for me. My touches are registered first time around 60% of the time now rather than having to hit the screen furiously just to get a response. Moving around the town is also  slightly better i find, but still far from acceptable and nowhere near as smooth as it was in Jelly Bean 4.3. I'm also still getting random crashes, most often when moving between Springfield and Krustyland.

Message 13 of 21 (2,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just picked up what looks like a second game update.. same as the last poster now -- looks like it responds a lot better, but nowhere near what it was in 4.3. Still pretty noticibly choppy.

Message 14 of 21 (2,429 Views)

★★★ Novice
Still unplayable after 4.4.2 and Chrismas update... Have any EA reps confirmed this bug?
Message 15 of 21 (2,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem.... REALLY REALLY annoying, and it's causing me to click on things I don't want to.

EA?  ARE YOU LISTENING?

Message 16 of 21 (2,229 Views)

★ Novice
I like how we just had a new years quest to bug developers about the next update. What about an update to fix the rendering lag on kit Kat? Hello? EA Developers?
Message 17 of 21 (2,066 Views)

★ Novice
There seem to be various threads about this problem around. For the sake of cross posting, here's a link to an ea forum thread: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/9815254.page#31335625
Message 18 of 21 (2,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue with Kitkat for me too. Please fix so we can all get back to enjoying TSTO. It’s just not the same game on my phone
Message 19 of 21 (2,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here.  I don't know what the problem is, but I flashed back to 4.3 and Tapped Out is fun again on my N10.  I haven't found anything that comes with KitKat that I miss.  If I hear that a future version fixes the problems, I'll give it a try, but until then I'll stick with what works.

Message 20 of 21 (2,032 Views)