Re: Simpsons tapped out gone from amazon playstore

by Siani18

Original Post

Simpsons tapped out gone from amazon playstore

★★★ Newbie

I used to have the Simpsons tapped out on my kindle fire but I deleted it and tried to reinstall it but it isn't on Amazon play store any more why???? Please bring it back!

Message 1 of 15 (2,597 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yesterday there was an error (I don't know on whose part) and an upcoming update to the game was posted on the Amazon app store.  To fix the error they removed the game from the store.

You might try contacting the people at the Amazon app store and ask them to restore the correct update, but I have no idea how to reach them.

Finally!  A legitimate reason to use the spoiler thingy!  The upcoming update is:

Spoiler
Superheroes 2
Message 2 of 15 (2,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! I just contacted Amazon with the info you gave us but was told the issue - at least for me! - is that it's no longer available for my Kindle model (Fire), which is very annoying and quite surprising. I mean, were the game from an indie developer or someone else with little resource, I'd understand, but EA!!

Dear EA, can you please fix this? I can't buy a new Kindle just to play The Simpsons - I can't buy a new Kindle to save my life! and although I can live without the game (and probably should), I don't want to. Please help. Birthday is coming up. Maybe let's keep the fact that it's a 31st between us cause it's pretty sad considering I'm here begging for a game and claiming I can't afford a cheap device. That's what happens when you choose to work in the creative industries!

Cheers

Liv

Message 3 of 15 (2,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just phoned amazon up and it was ea that took the game off. Don't  why and don't know if ita coming back.

Message 4 of 15 (2,520 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@samanthasinc wrote:

Just phoned amazon up and it was ea that took the game off. Don't  why and don't know if ita coming back.

Hi- re the Simpsons Tapped Out not being available/disappeared  on Amazon UK yet.

A few days ago (6th/7th June 2016)  I got an update that I don't think I should have and it had

content on it that would be a spoiler for possible future play so I am not going to mention what the theme was.

The upshot is I had a new front page with the finger and I got some new content, tasks, buildings and characters.

Then I started getting the "update want it now" messages and could not update as none was available on kindle fire via

Amazon. Since then I have been unable to play at all Frown

I spoke with lovely EA rep Charles yesterday  (9th June) who advised me that some content had been accidentally released

early to UK Kindle users and as a result they had requested Amazon take down the game temporarily while they do a fix.

He advised they are  aware of the issue and it has not been mentioned on the site yet as it is seen as a relatively new issue.

I asked how long before the fix as I am going crazy lol and he said normally it takes a few days to fix and then it is down to

Amazon ( who invariably take a few more days to check the content will work on all Kindle devices before releasing- sigh )

I have also spoken to Amazon who thought there was no issue until they really looked into it and  have confirmed they

received the request from EA to temporarily remove the access.

So I shall cry into my pillow and hope my friends on the game do not think I have gone lazy on the visiting front with a

hope against hope that by way of an apology, EA are working day and night to get the game up and running again for us

and that they can ask Amazon to rush the access to the downloading of the game.

I hope that helps to explain why there has been an issue.

ellieoftheflump  Standard smile

Message 5 of 15 (2,502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In case you ever need it.

This is a UK free phone |(no charge)  number for Amazon help

Message 6 of 15 (2,494 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Myself and my daughter have this game on our kindles. She uses kindle fire for kids as she's only 8 and the app has disappeared from her profile, yet it is still on the main profile on her kindle, and it's still working on mine, although on my kindle when I look on the 'recent' page the logo is different, and presume this is the accidentally released spoiler. Hopefully amazon will have it back on the app store as my daughter isn't very happy she can't play hers
Message 7 of 15 (2,436 Views)

★★ Novice

it was on my kindle on my editors picks but now it has disappeared.

Message 8 of 15 (2,434 Views)

★★ Novice

Back on the store, good luck, its still pants.

Message 9 of 15 (2,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally, thanks for letting us know, I was worrying it's gonna out forever and this is the only game I'm playing on my kindle (and phone actually).

Message 10 of 15 (2,287 Views)