Re: Simpsons tapped out - 3G problem

by mrsderpina

Original Post

Simpsons tapped out - 3G problem

★★★ Newbie
I have a problem with the simpsons tapped out game?
Ever since i updated the game to the halloween settings i can only play it on wi-fi...it refuses to load on 3g...
Even now ive updated it back and removed the halloween settings this problem still commences.
Any idea as to how to solve this please?
Mike
Message 1 of 10 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie
+1 mines also the same. Can only play via wifi now
Message 2 of 10 (1,632 Views)

★★ Novice
Just an idea - if you have an iphone got to cellular in setting and scroll down till you find TSTO and see if it is on for using cellular data for the game?? Some of my other games have had a similar issue.
Message 3 of 10 (1,624 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have the same problem for months now. is there still no solution for this problem? (sarahlj50's solution didn't work for me, the settings for using mobile data are on). there's no such problem when i play the game on wi-fi, but when i try to load the game on 3g, it appears an error message saying 'cannot connect to server' after a few seconds. i've already tried to re-install the game (several times!) and i have the newest version of the game, but it still doesn't work since the halloween update a few months ago... before that i've never had any problem to connect the game on 3g. help?

Message 4 of 10 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry for my english ... but i had that problem too Standard smile And I solved it by changing my 3G setting 

I have HTC sensation, but i think androids have all same settings 

so go to: 

Settings > Mobile network > Access Point names (or APNs) > and change your APN from WAP to Internet (I have Orange, so I changed settings from Orange WAP to Orange Internet) 

Message 5 of 10 (1,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem, not been able to connect over 3g for the past 7 months...I have an iPhone 4S ios 6.0.1. Wifi works fine.
Please find a solution Standard smile
Message 6 of 10 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an iPhone 5s and I have the same problem, i can't play whit 3G only in wifi Frown

Message 7 of 10 (1,402 Views)

I believe that the app holds so much animation that it is too fast for 3g. I know when I use my iOS device, I have to have it linked to WiFi as 3g is too slow for the app. 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 10 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So... is connecting over data not an option at all for anyone?

Message 9 of 10 (1,386 Views)

I can't speak for other cell phone/3g servers...but with mine only 3mb are at higher speed, then in reduces in speed. So, if you have the same 3g service, then you are not always receiving higher speed. Even though I pay for unlimited data,it is also not unlimited. My best advice, if you can connect to WiFi, the better you will be.

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 10 (1,380 Views)