Simpsons game keeps reloading

by gennibaby

Original Post

Simpsons game keeps reloading

★ Novice
Hi,
Every time I go to play The Simpsons Tapped Out on my iPhone, I find it has logged me out of my Orihin account and I have to log in then re-download the game again (which takes about 10 minutes.) This is very tiresome, can you help? Thanks
Message 1 of 8 (1,282 Views)

Re: Simpsons game keeps reloading

Hero (Retired)

There should be an option on the friends screen to log in there instead of downloading the entire game again. Are you saying you log in and then it makes you redownload the game? What are you on ios, android, etc.? 

*Can't change signature. Helping for now. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,269 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks. It's iOS (iPhone) and it happens as soon as I click on the TSTO icon so I can't get any further without downloading it all again. It starts downloading then asks me to log into my EA. (I get the "your last Springfield session didn't save properly" warning after I've done all that, which might be a clue?)

At the moment, I'm having to keep the game running in the background without closing it down and that is working for now but I can't do that forever!

Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 8 (1,262 Views)

★ Novice
I've not seen an answer to this yet - is there anyone else I can report it to?
Message 4 of 8 (1,251 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @gennibaby,

A similar question was answered here: Game constantly updates daily after opening app loop. Make sure you have enough space on your device (As a general rule, keeping at least 10% storage free on your device helps reducing performance issues with games and apps). Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely also helps with that. 

Let us know if you have more questions.

Message 5 of 8 (1,244 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks, Zoe. I have run the game without issue with far less memory than now but I'll try to free up more space and see how that goes.
Thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 8 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same thing happens to me. This generally seems to happen after each iOS update on my iPhone 5s. I've also noticed that the current game takes up a LOT of space. I try deleting photos and even apps but I can't seem to get this to stop.
Message 7 of 8 (1,180 Views)

★ Guide

@gennibaby When you get that screen, you can go ahead and click "play" your game activity should already be saved. If you frequently use more than one device to play your game, it's a good idea to go to either Krustyland or a friend's town and back before you exit your game. This will sync your town with the server and save your progress.

Message 8 of 8 (1,168 Views)