Simpsons crashing on ios 16.1.1

by jcasey0618

Original Post

Simpsons crashing on ios 16.1.1

★★★ Newbie

The app is crashing on login since I upgraded my phone (11) to ios 16.1.1. 

Message 11 of 31 (501 Views)

Tapped

★★★ Novice

I’ve been experiencing multiple game crashes for the last two days. My game won’t load at all unless I’m playing in anonymous. I’ve went through all the basic troubleshooting steps many times. Restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Even deleted other games, pictures, and cleared website cache. It doesn’t matter as soon as I try to get into my account it kicks me out. Sometimes after a reinstall it’ll say my account was logged into on another device (it’s not) and it’ll ask me if I want to continue playing on this device at the risk of losing some progress If I hit no it takes me back to the home screen only able to play in anonymous. If I hit yes it attempts to load then kicks me back out. Any solutions? 

Message 12 of 31 (490 Views)

Re: Tapped

Hero

@KaliLone6  Try this

If you have an account:
Uninstall the game and reboot device
Go to ea.com and log in using your email and password.
Once inside check  that your primary EMAIL is VERIFIED and add an ALTERNATIVE email address  (That you will not lose access to, no work or school emails) and a real phone number (useful as  alternative methods for security codes), then verify all your details.
Once you've checked everything, change your password to be less than 15 characters with only letters and numbers in it. (It can take a couple  minutes to reflect it in game) Do not change your password while the  game is open on a device!
Reinstall the game do not log in until downloaded completely

@KaliLone6 perhaps try this -
Head to your EA account . . .
( https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index ) and -

Check everything is correct

Check your email is verified

If you haven't already I'd recommend adding a second email for account recovery and perhaps a phone number. If you then choose the Phone option at log-in you can get the codes via SMS.

Important : Change your password. As long it's no more than 15 characters and only has letters and numbers you can change it to the one you already use.

Make sure to hit Update to save the changes.

Don't worry about the Your Other Device warnings, that often shows if you have to log in again, and tap both the Play Anyway and Continue buttons - if you get it not to crash.
When you finish tapping always head to the Friends Towns map to save your progress to the servers, if you haven't and want to tap you've no choice but to play anyway and hope it kept itself up-to-date.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 14 of 31 (479 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, I just tried everything you said in the exact order. Still as soon as my account is on the screen and I go to play the game kicks me out. Thanks anyways for your suggestions they were very thorough. 

Message 15 of 31 (452 Views)

Hero
@KaliLone6 Did you forget the main info: on which device does this happen?

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 16 of 31 (439 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bafanc My iPhone 11. I only use it on this device (it’s the only I have) which is fully updated to the latest IOS.
Message 17 of 31 (437 Views)

Hero
@KaliLone6 please check if there is a new iOS update!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 18 of 31 (429 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bafanc There was but I’ve since updated it and still no change.
Message 19 of 31 (419 Views)

Hero
@KaliLone6 I asked you to check why a user with a problem similar to yours had solved it after updating iOS!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 20 of 31 (387 Views)