Re: Simpsons Tapped out Freezes on Galaxy S10 and S10+

by nieuwadres56

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Oh maybe that is why..

Well, for all of you guys reading this. Now is the chance to receive a lot of donuts. 

You can simply send them a Facebook message. After an hour you will receive the donuts. Piece of cake. 

I hope i see you all never again. If we do, i hope Tapped Out has a good reason for it.

Grtz

Daayon

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-03 om 16.09.09.png

Message 151 of 188 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

glad to hear you guys at EA ain't losing sleep about your clusterfluffle. you know, I honestly want Samsung to send you a bill for their programmers' workload. guess if your top management's salaries went to Samsung for a while, they'd suck up the grunts' salaries, and then you'd actually get a bout of empathy with the players Wink

also got a feedback from Samsung Germany which essentially boiled down to a "huh? what's wrong?". had to facepalm really hard - Samsung's very own "Members" app does have a feature to report bugs, but doesn't have "respond" or "attach files" buttons on their own feedback.

called up Samsung's german live chat. the guys are blissfully ignorant of the TSTO clusterfluffle -- which I understand, that's one game and not even a new one. but they are also blissfully ignorant about hotfixing the german android 9 release -- which ticks me off, because a) expecting clusterfluffles on major OS version upgrades is par for the course and b) telling the customer "support" so should be SOP.

thankfully, the "Members" app's response text was signed with an actual regular german landline number (not those 1€ per minute things as many companies do now). called there, caught a reasonably smart answering machine. was forwarded to a human operator (or a Turing-test-passingly convincing AI or a superbly trained parrot, who knows). guess what - the "Customer Communications Center" of Samsung Germany also hasn't the foggiest that they're hotfixing the android 9 release. well, at least the friendly landline operator knew that android 9 went live and was only moderately surprised to hear that something went FUBAR with it. he was also barely surprised that the players got told to Ьuggeг off by EA, and had a perfectly valid explanation for why Samsung is hotfixing the release. not out of philanthropy but because that hotfix, if done quickly, prevents Samsung device owners from saying "Ьuggeг that" and buying any other smartphone Wink

sadly, neither the live chat nor the landline operator had the foggiest idea on when that hotfix is supposed to happen on the german release for the S10 family, not to mention the J7. but at least now there'll be a memo that the J7 family is actually still in use and thus needs the same hotfix Wink

P.S. oh, you actually had the time and resourced to write a "bad word" filter for this site. well, Ьuggeг that, go write a TSTO patch instead ;P

Message 152 of 188 (680 Views)

★★★ Novice

same issue on a J7 in Germany. glad to hear EA ain't losing sleep about the clusterfluffle. I honestly want Samsung to send EA a bill for their programmers' workload. guess if EA's top management's salaries went to Samsung for a while, they'd cut the grunts' salaries, and then EA's employees would actually get a bout of empathy with the players Wink

also got a feedback from Samsung Germany which essentially boiled down to a "huh? what's wrong?". had to facepalm really hard - Samsung's very own "Members" app does have a feature to report bugs, but doesn't have "respond" or "attach files" buttons on their own feedback.

called up Samsung's german live chat. the guys are blissfully ignorant of the TSTO clusterfluffle -- which I understand, that's one game and not even a new one. but they are also blissfully ignorant about hotfixing the german android 9 release -- which ticks me off, because a) expecting clusterfluffles on major OS version upgrades is par for the course and b) telling the customer "support" so should be SOP.

thankfully, the "Members" app's response text was signed with an actual regular german landline number (not those 1€ per minute things as many companies do now). called there, caught a reasonably smart answering machine. was forwarded to a human operator (or a Turing-test-passingly convincing AI or a superbly trained parrot, who knows). guess what - the "Customer Communications Center" of Samsung Germany also hasn't the foggiest that they're hotfixing the android 9 release. well, at least the friendly landline operator knew that android 9 went live and was only moderately surprised to hear that something went FUBAR with it. he was also barely surprised that the players got told to Ьuggeг off by EA, and had a perfectly valid explanation for why Samsung is hotfixing the release. not out of philanthropy but because that hotfix, if done quickly, prevents Samsung device owners from saying "Ьuggeг that" and buying any other smartphone Wink

sadly, neither the live chat nor the landline operator had the foggiest idea on when that hotfix is supposed to happen on the german release for the S10 family, not to mention the J7. but at least now there'll be a memo that the J7 family is actually still in use and thus needs the same hotfix Wink

P.S. oh, EA actually had the time and resourced to write a "bad word" filter for this site. well, Ьuggeг that, go write a TSTO patch instead ;P

Message 153 of 188 (707 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been playing without issue on my Samsung S10+ until today. My phone did a system update and crashes on start.  Uninstalled and reinstalled.  Now it crashes at 17 downloading update. 

Message 154 of 188 (694 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing here.  Updated to the latest patch update for my Galaxy S10+ and the game no longer loads.  Tried removing it, rebooting, reinstalling a couple times - same result.  Hopefully EA comes out with a patch soon - everything else on my phone is working fine.  Still works great on my iPad, though...

Message 155 of 188 (652 Views)

★ Apprentice

What type of "One UI" do you have? I included a screenshot 

Message 156 of 188 (640 Views)

★★★ Novice

J7 device here, same versions. android 9 one ui 1.1.

Message 157 of 188 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

My account is good because I can play Simpsons on another device. However, it stopped working on my S10+ after latest update.  Here is my info:

Device Model Number: SM-G974U

Android Version Number: 9

Location in the world: US

Network provider: ATT&T

Last date you updated your OS (Android) for your device: July 4th

One UI Version: 1.1

Message 158 of 188 (608 Views)

★ Apprentice

In europ one ui 1.0 gave issues on Android 9 because EA wassnt compatable with one ui 1.0 (release august 2018) samsung S9+ didnt had any issues with Android 9 upon releas

Message 159 of 188 (600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just updated and it stopped working, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Device model number: SM-G975U
Android Version Number: 9
Location in the world: U.S.A
Network Provider: At&t
Last date updated android device: July 5, 2019

Message 160 of 188 (895 Views)