Re: Simpsons Tapped out Freezes on Galaxy S10 and S10+

by nieuwadres56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simpsons Tapped out Freezes on Galaxy S10 and S10+

★★ Novice

Hi,

I also posted this on the Dutch HQ but got no answer, also calling the support of EA won't help.

Since the last update (few days ago) on my Galaxy S10, the Simpsons Tapped out freezes and closes the app just seconds after opening. 

I tried everything possible, back to factory settings, deleting the app multiple times, deleting other 3rth party apps, deleting cache ect ect. but nothing solves the problem.

Can somebody help me? 

I can confirm that i am not the only user on the Galaxy S10 or Galaxy S10+ that has this problem.

Message 1 of 188 (7,860 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

If you have a phone that didn't get an Android update yet, yesterday's game update should allow you to open and play the game again. Standard smile If you haven't already, please, update your games, give it another try and let us know if you are still running into this issue.

Happy tapping!
-Mai

PS. We would still recommend you to install the Android update once it becomes available to you, to avoid issues with other apps now or in the future.

View in thread

Message 184 of 188 (4,076 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

This also seems to happen on the new Huawei and iPhone X series. Only difference is that it keeps saying disconnected from server.

Message 2 of 188 (7,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi, not sure if I can help, however I have noted a few things recently on the EA forum. There have been reports of server problems over the past week, as noted in this thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/243516/server-crash#latest

There have also been reports of certain devices crashing, for example:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/239164/crashes-during-load/p1

General troubleshooting tips in the third post of this thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloa...

If possible, do you have a different device that you could try and load the game on? I know there is an ongoing issue with some Galaxy devices regarding zoom within the game. Also, when you mention ‘update’, do you mean the Operating System on your device, rather than Tapped Out update? The last TSTO update was on April 9th. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 3 of 188 (7,808 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi,

Thnx your reply.

I tried everything you could do. But nothing seems to solve it. 

Played on a Samsung S9 and worked oke. Still i received a disconnected to server but it was playable.

I think that it happened after i updated my device. But why should that be a reason for simpsons not to work. Everything ells on my Galaxy S10 Works fine.. Frown

Message 4 of 188 (7,799 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there no other way to contact EA?

I mean i guess then there is nothing left then to wait.

Message 5 of 188 (7,804 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got the same problem and cant seem to get a sulution from ea games

Message 6 of 188 (7,788 Views)

★ Novice
Same problem
Message 7 of 188 (7,712 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here

Message 8 of 188 (7,685 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here was after last update from Samsung as was fine apart from zoom issue before that.
Message 9 of 188 (7,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem since i updated my phone 2 days ago.nothing is working.

Message 10 of 188 (7,646 Views)