Simpsons Tapped Out, Unfortunately Tapped Out has stopped

by buffyfannumero1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simpsons Tapped Out, Unfortunately Tapped Out has stopped

★★★ Newbie

I have had this error for the past 4 hours, I tap on the item to log in and it goes from the Simpsons Tapped Out Screen to a Black Screen and then gives the error: Unfortunately, Tapped Out has stopped. It has said this for the last 4 hours. I am using Wi Fi and it's a strong signal. I tried using my cell data and no luck with that either. I have deleted Apps that I don't use to save space. I need this fixed as soon as possible. I am not using any Apple Devices as they are overpriced, therefore I don't own one. I am using my Samsung Galaxy S3 and have been using it for the past month. I have also spent almost $200 to get donuts for the game and I find it ridiculous that after spending all of that money it doesn't work. I can't even fill out your feedback form because you have all of the overpriced Apple products on there that I don't own.

Message 1 of 21 (13,127 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out, Unfortunately Tapped Out has stopped

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem this morning. And I googled for a solution with no success.
But I figured a solution by my own.
I have samsung galaxy s4.
Go to settings of the phone then to the application manager. Look for the simpsons tapped out and click on it. After that click on clear data. Now open the game again. It is going to download again unfortunately. But after finishing that sign in with your account which you use for simpsons tapped out.
Now you are back to the game.
I hope that helps you all.

View in thread

Message 4 of 21 (13,443 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Having the same problem and also have a s3
Message 2 of 21 (12,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I gave the same problem, it started a little over a day ago. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4
Message 3 of 21 (12,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem this morning. And I googled for a solution with no success.
But I figured a solution by my own.
I have samsung galaxy s4.
Go to settings of the phone then to the application manager. Look for the simpsons tapped out and click on it. After that click on clear data. Now open the game again. It is going to download again unfortunately. But after finishing that sign in with your account which you use for simpsons tapped out.
Now you are back to the game.
I hope that helps you all.
Message 4 of 21 (13,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried it, didn't work for me, somewhere amongst those updates is a bugged one.

Message 5 of 21 (12,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@nickypfc653 wrote:

Tried it, didn't work for me, somewhere amongst those updates is a bugged one.

Is it possible your ISP is using a caching proxy, and for whatever reason, hasn't expired the files you are download from its cache, continuing to give you the stale, broken files with updates?

Are you able to try a different ISP, and (assuming you have an origin account with game synced to it) the whole, "clear program data uninstall, reboot device" then switch to another ISP, and then download, install, and login?

In the unlikely event this works for you, could you mention which ISP you were using when downloads lead to failure, and the one that lead to success?

Message 6 of 21 (12,898 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wish I could change ISP, but it's not possible, anyway looking at the other threads with all the other people that are having the exact same problem, I doubt that this is the cause.

I'm on the verge of giving up with this, it doesn't seem as though  EA give a jot about it to me, judging by what I've read on here

Message 7 of 21 (12,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im having the same problem, it started yesterday and not very happy as I was on level 31 and dont want to restart it.im on s4.
Message 8 of 21 (12,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Galaxy Express, same problem. The process worked for me. Thank you!

Message 9 of 21 (12,668 Views)

★★ Novice

I am using a Kindle Fire which now that I updated it  and then tried uninstalling and reinstalling 6 or so times keeps telling me Tapped Out has stopped working. I am on level 26 and a daily player. Very Disappointed!!! The update is a FAILURE for sure!!! 

Message 10 of 21 (12,521 Views)