Simpsons Tapped Out, I can't look up or add friends. I can only accept friend requests

by cialashelle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simpsons Tapped Out, I can't look up or add friends. I can only accept friend requests

★★★ Novice
When I go to add friends through Origin I'd finder, Facebook and by email it pops up "loading" but in turn I lose connectivity to Simpsons tapped out. Then I have to close the app and open it again. It has been this way for 2 weeks. I can accept friends just fine. I just can't add them myself because when I try to look up someone's ID I only get a loading message. What can I do to fix this? Or is it an Origin problem? Please help
Message 1 of 11 (8,557 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out, I can't look up or add friends. I can only accept friend requests

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Do you have a PC? If so, you can download Origin directly on to the PC via http://www.origin.com/download and see if you can add friends that way.

---------------------

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (8,595 Views)

All Replies

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out, I can't look up or add friends. I can only accept friend requests

★★★ Novice
By the way I am using my iPad
Message 2 of 11 (8,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Do you have a PC? If so, you can download Origin directly on to the PC via http://www.origin.com/download and see if you can add friends that way.

---------------------

Message 3 of 11 (8,596 Views)

★★★ Novice
I do have a PC. why does this answer seem so obvious and simple now that you said it?? LOL TY
Message 4 of 11 (8,482 Views)

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out, I can't look up or add friends. I can only accept frien

★★★ Newbie

That, in my opinion, is a hack answer as to why it is so unbelievably hard to simply add a friend in game, or even to your Origin account. Why do I need download software to invite friends to play your game? Why can't we simply add them?

This is not the first time I've come looking for this answer, and I saw a lot of other people similarly confused. Why would there be such a horrible, horrible implementation of a friend system any game that basically pushes, bags, and forces you to add friends?

Message 5 of 11 (7,890 Views)

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out, I can't look up or add friends. I can only accept frien

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

You have to unstall the app, restart device, redownload the app, let the app update when you open it, then sign into account.

Hope that worked I have a tablet, I don't know if it'll work for phones ☺️

Message 6 of 11 (7,479 Views)

★ Novice
@cialashelle I do too
Message 7 of 11 (6,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I reinstalled the app on my device and my sons neither of us can add friends this is more aggrivating by the fact my old game was hacked andbi had to start ove because ea claimed they could not verify that I owned the account because I never purchased anything e a customer service lately just sucks and it rolls down hill to their games very disappointed. Btw the message I keep getting is failed to send invite please try again. 

Message 8 of 11 (4,879 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SurlyCodger What if I don't have a pc then I can't add friends?
Message 9 of 11 (4,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 10 of 11 (2,817 Views)