Simpsons Tapped Out - Device Full error

by jhsimpson72

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simpsons Tapped Out - Device Full error

★★ Novice

I have been stuck in a "Device Full" loop.

I have over 115gt of free space on my iPhone XS Max and still I got this Device Full -message.
I have uninstalled the game several times, no help.

I can't send a direct message to EA Help, 'cos I don't remember my Mayhem ID and can't log in to check it.

I've played Simpsons for several years and I don't want to let it go.
Any help will do, this is getting frustrating

Message 1 of 23 (1,436 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out - Device Full error

Message 17 of 23 (1,902 Views)

All Replies

try logging in to a different device so you can get your Mayhem ID

Save the ID so you can access it if you get locked out again

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 23 (1,422 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It sounds to me like you have something major going on with your phone.  My suggestions:

• Pull up your App Manager and swipe away all the open apps.
  • Turn off your phone by holding the power button until you get the "slide to power off" message, then do it.  Wait 1 minute.  I know that seems like forever, but...
  • Turn your phone back on and see if the problem persists.

Try removing some stuff from your phone.  You may have a corrupted file that's taking up more space than your system thinks it is.  You might even consider a full factory reset.  If you don't have a computer to transfer your stuff to then there's cloud storage or even thumb drives you can connect to your phone.

After removing stuff remember to repeat the restart sequence above.

You might need to have an Apple Genius take a look at your phone.  Total nuisance, I know.  I had to take my Mac Mini in years ago to have it looked at - and they didn't even fix the problem.  I had to figure out what was wrong on my own (my email program was set up stupidly - instead of actually deleting the deleted messages it was just hiding them).

Message 3 of 23 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got stuck I can’t get in my game I only got the words device full please free up some space too download all this cool stuff

Message 4 of 23 (1,272 Views)

@3v6okjirjml3 

Did you do what the message told you to do? Free up space?

If not, try that

If you play on an older Apple device with only 2GB RAM, you need about 10GB free space

If you play on a device with more than 4GB RAM, you need about 2GB free space

If you have more than 15 GB free space, contact support

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.
Or if you prefer Twitter or FB, links are at the bottom of the page

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 23 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Novice
@minicha-em I got a 50gb on my iPad
Message 6 of 23 (1,217 Views)

★★★ Novice
@3v6okjirjml3 I removed apps and photos but I got the same message
Message 7 of 23 (1,216 Views)

50 GB of free space?

That is more than 15 GB, so did you contact support?

or did you not read that part

D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 23 (1,200 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@3v6okjirjml3 

Do you know anyone who owns an Android device who would be nice enough to allow you to install the game on it, then log in and play for a few minutes?  Doing this is a known cure for some problems with the game.

Meanwhile, you could try un-installing the game from your iPad, holding the power button until it asks you to Slide to Turn Off, slide to turn it off.  Turning off clears things that nothing else will clear.

Wait for 1 minute.  This will let the capacitors in your RAM lose their charge.  Now turn it back on.  Install.  Wait for all the files to download BEFORE you log in.

Message 9 of 23 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don’t have a account of the app

Message 10 of 23 (1,177 Views)