Simpsons Tapped Out: Can't Finish a Quest

by Murkrow067

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simpsons Tapped Out: Can't Finish a Quest

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I can't complete the Act 3 of A Christmas Peril 2022 Event and unlock Tiny Tim as a reward because there is one quest that reqiures a character I don't have: Mr. Mcgrew. The event finished and there's no way for me to get Mr. Mcgrew now so the quest stucked there and I can't do anything with it. Is there any solution to fix it, or any way for completing it?

That also causes a problem while sending characters on jobs from Job Manager because some of them appear to have event related jobs even though I have already completed these tasks.

Message 1 of 11 (1,867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out: Can't Finish a Quest

Hero

@JSTOCK525 

McGrew was a prize in an earlier act. You should have been able to get him unless you started in the middle of the event, Contact EA and ask them to remove the task for McGrew or remove the whole quest or give you McGrew.

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (1,274 Views)

All Replies

@Murkrow067 - Mr McGrew was the fifth prize in part 2. Have a look if you've got the task to earn that still there or if he's in your inventory.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 2 of 11 (1,840 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@1-Graham-S I don't have neither Mr.Mcgrew nor the task to earn him but Tiny Tim's quest is still there and I can't complete or get rid of it.
Message 3 of 11 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Murkrow067 Being in the same situation as you, I would suggest completing any and all parts of the Tiny Tim quest that you are able to. Then we can only hope EA can patch this before we miss out on any more events.
Message 4 of 11 (1,763 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue although instead of tiny Tim, it was Lisa’s winter coat and I’ve completed all of the Christmas quests I had access to. I can’t make Mr McGrew climb out of the window. 

Fingers crossed that a workaround is created for this 

Message 5 of 11 (1,610 Views)

★ Novice

have samething just screws up game

Message 6 of 11 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue for me, I can't finish pt 5 because I am apparently missing Mr McGrew (though I don't know why since I finished all the previous quests) I read on a different thread that the "stovepipe oven" is required for Mr McGrew but I can't find it in my inventory nor can I find it in the store to purchase so now this quest is just stuck - unfinnished.

Message 7 of 11 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was there an answer to this? I have the same issue and cannot complete the "A Caroling We Go, Pt. 5" task b/c I do not have Mr. McGrew. Would love to remove this task from my task bar as it always interferes with assigning other tasks.

Message 8 of 11 (1,309 Views)

Hero

@JSTOCK525 

McGrew was a prize in an earlier act. You should have been able to get him unless you started in the middle of the event, Contact EA and ask them to remove the task for McGrew or remove the whole quest or give you McGrew.

Message 9 of 11 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A simple solution EA could implement for this problem would be to add an option for players to bin quests once the event is finished, or simply have it that after a certain point, the event expires and disappears off the game. Either that or, just avoid prizes from one quest line be a necessity to complete another quest line. It’s a silly bug but it is annoying. I can’t even buy Mr. McGrew anymore on the store even if I wanted to. Only solution I can think of is searching for him in the mystery box…but who knows if he’ll ever show up… I assume it’s generated randomly. EA pls give us a solution to avoid this in the future! It’s so annoying!

Message 10 of 11 (968 Views)