Re: Simpsons Frame Rate/Lagging after Lollipop Upgrade

by marczimm_a

Original Post

Simpsons Frame Rate/Lagging after Lollipop Upgrade

★★★ Newbie
Recently my Droid Turbo upgraded to Lollipop 5.1 and now The Simpsons Tapped Out has a horrible frame rate and is lagging. Anyone else having this issue?
Message 1 of 7 (724 Views)

Yes. Lollipop beyond 5.0 is known for lagging the game. Worst is 5.0.1 some say that 5.1 is better.
If possible, go back to KitKat.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 7 (687 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's most certainly not a Lollipop issue per se.

I'm running Tapped Out on various devices with Lollipop (Nexus 4 5.1.1, Nexus 7 5.1.1 and moto g (1st generation) 5.0.2) and don't experience any different perfpormance than what I experienced when those devices were running Jelly Bean or Kitkat.

Frame rate issues are more likely a vendor/device specific issue with the manufacturer not yet having optimized the display driver or other components that they've added to Android. There's only so much an app developer can do about such problems when the components they build upon are changing and causing performance issues.

So my advice is bringing the issue to Motorola's attention.

Message 3 of 7 (682 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing happened to me. Game worked fine on previous version, but under Lollipop 5.1, lags.  My old tablet however, not upgraded, runs fine. Been using the tablet more, but would like the flexibility to switch to the droid turbo when away from home. Hope EA has something in the works.

Message 4 of 7 (617 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yep, I have a Droid Turbo, and now TSTO is flashing and lagging so bad I can barely play. The event's almost over, so no fun for me this summer.
Message 5 of 7 (585 Views)

★★ Novice
Note 4 has the same issue. It's so bad some times I have to just play later or skip a day. It's really frustrating since I've bought lots of premium characters and invested lots of money. I'm beginning to feel dumb and ignored by ea. How is it this issue has been here since March and we are still dealing with it and July is almost over. I'm beginning to think they do not plan to fix it.
Message 6 of 7 (561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, I have a Moto Maxx(same as droid turbo) It seems to be a problem with lollipop and 2K resolution. Droid turbo has 2K screen as well the note 4..thats why Moto G, and the Nexus devices below the Nexus 6 are running TSTO with no problems. 

Message 7 of 7 (412 Views)