Re: Simpson tapped out icon with alarm clock on it

by wadebear

Original Post

Simpson tapped out icon with alarm clock on it

★★★ Newbie

I recently started getting the simpsons tapped out icon with an alarm clock on it showing on my iPads recently launched apps section down it the bottom right corner of the screen. It just magically pops up occasionally. I have all notifications turned off on the game so don’t know what else to to to make it not magically show up.

help please.

Message 1 of 5 (719 Views)

I may be wrong but I think those notifications are connected with Apple Store or general settings and not the individual apps

My iPad is so old I dont think it even has that feature, so I am not a reliable source for this

@wadebear you play on iOS? @EA_Mai what do you know about this?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (694 Views)

I play on iOS. I never get a clock popping up and I have the latest firmware on my phone. I do however receive pop up notifications while I play but I can just swipe them away and I do not have notifications turned off. I'd like to see a screen cap of the clock pop up.

Hope that helps

John

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 3 of 5 (664 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@minicha-em:

I have actually stopped playing.  I had to - I was addicted and it was making my life impossible.  I tried "backing off" and not playing as much, but within a couple of weeks I was right back sitting in front of my tablets with the game open on all 3 all day long.  I had to delete.

That being said...  I don't have anything like an alarm clock on my iPad for any app.  Could some third party app be responsible for this behavior?  Like maybe a 'cleanup' app that puts a timer on apps so that if you don't open them it will delete them, or maybe just their temp files?  Or maybe it's just to show when you last used them?

Message 4 of 5 (653 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@makmlost54: The next time this happens take a screen shot and post it here.  Maybe someone will recognize it and be able to tell you what it means / where it comes from.

Meanwhile... Try opening Settings -> Control Center -> Customize Control.  Maybe something there is causing the 'alarm clock' .

Message 5 of 5 (650 Views)