Re: Sideshow Bob missing

by 11EEvey

Original Post

Hi Emily, 

sorry this is an issue for you. Perhaps you should contact EA and explain your situation. No guarantee but maybe they can place him in your town for you?

The game has code on top of code from the years of it growing and evolving. It may not be a simple fix. Let me pass this onto to EA again.

At one time I knew the month and year he quit working properly. When I have time I'll see if I can find that again. In the meantime you still may get him, he does appearer

just no one knows how or when anymore. Good luck to you!

Standard smile

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 11 of 20 (3,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have contacted EA multiple times to which they say he is a random pop up and they cannot add him manually. Just have to wait apparently. It is very dissatisfying considering he is my fave character. Currently level 112 and all they said was to post on the forum but apparently 21 of us are having this issue
Message 12 of 20 (3,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Hi johncolombo,
First, Thank You for your response & possible offer to assist with Sideshow Bob! You’v made my month to know someone of your knowledge is even aware of the Date this character started to get a glitch.
I would be so grateful for any help. I have tried to get help from EA but they blew me off telling me that he isn’t a “given” when it comes to characters.
Thank you so much for taking time to read & reply. I’d love it if you could, time allowing, could help me get through to EA ( at least attempt) is very much appreciated and very kind of you.
I’ve read a lot of post that you’ve commented on and I agree that they probably can’t afford to have you on the staff. Their & our loss.
Thank you
Message 13 of 20 (3,664 Views)

★ Novice
I know im late but i found a soloution.
Sideshow bob appears in neighbour springfield however they cannot be arrested except for the AI springfield called 'other springfield' only there once a day you can arrest him. I did this twice and completed the mission. He did appear twice this year but only once a day can you arrest him in the AI's springfield city.
Message 14 of 20 (3,334 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NAZMASTER69 Unfortunately this is only a solution once you actually have the quest line appear in your task book. A lot of players do not get the quest line appear and that is where the problem lies. You can catch Sideshow Bob as many times as you want per day in ‘Other Springfield’. I have written a tips thread for the EA forum in which I have added information about Sideshow Bob.

There is a quest line called 'Flaw and Order', parts 1, 2 and 3. Once the 3rd task is completed you will get Sideshow Bob as a playable character. You may need to be patient waiting for the quests to appear, as they come up at random and are not linked to any particular level. I had to wait until level 336 to get SSB in my newest town. 

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 15 of 20 (3,327 Views)

★ Apprentice

The answer I get is complete other tasks and this might pop up. But that's not very helpfull to me as I don't have the money to complete Monty's Money Mountain nor time to micromanage the Springfield Heights.

Message 16 of 20 (2,809 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If you play on an Apple device, then there is a way to trigger the quests.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/205386/sideshow-bob-flaw-and-order-walkt...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 17 of 20 (2,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know it's been a while and you might not even play anymore, but did you ever get an answer to sideshow bob?

Message 18 of 20 (2,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What should I do?  My other Springfield doesn't have a sprawlmart.

Message 19 of 20 (1,605 Views)

Hero

He can also appear near Calmwood. Please see the link in the above comment for more info.

Message 20 of 20 (1,590 Views)