Re: Sideshow Bob missing

by ttocsbloke

Original Post

Sideshow Bob missing

★★★ Novice
I am currently level 90 and have never seen sideshow Bob in my town, I have seen him a few times in other Springfield I have never received the flaw and order questline, I started playing in December of 2016 the only quests I have currently are a few event quests, krustyland and the money pile and tree ones, I am able to receive new quests as I just finished the cat lady chain, any suggestions to start working on sideshow Bob would be appreciated
Message 1 of 20 (28,875 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try storing and replacing Springfield Penitentiary.

Try going to Other Springfield and looking around near the Sprawlmart - do it quickly as Sideshow Bob will run away and hide.

Message 2 of 20 (28,641 Views)

★★★ Novice
OK I'll try the prison, I have found and caught him twice in other Springfield but that has only gotten me some money do I need to catch him a certain amount of times in other Springfield first?
Message 3 of 20 (28,640 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
I stored and replaced the prison, and continue to find him in other Springfield, however he has yet to appear in my Springfield nor have I gotten the quest, any other ideas? I have also tried using a different device to play on
Message 4 of 20 (28,627 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well if it was me who had the problem here's what I would do:

Store every character and building that had a character associated with it.  Then put them out one by one in the order they appear in the game (here's the link to a guide right here in the forum - it's up at the top of the first page).

You might also try just putting everything in storage and rebuilding your town.  I've read of cases where a glitch has allowed people to place objects where they shouldn't have been able to and gotten things messed up.  As soon as the badly placed object was stored the issue was resolved.  I do not advise nuking.  I never advise nuking.  I've seen too many complaints about bad things happening when people nuke.  If you're going to put everything in storage (and I should note that not everything CAN be stored - Simpsons house, Heights crafting buildings, etc) then you should use the grab tool and store stuff by section.  It takes a little longer, but it's a safer option than nuking.

Also, if there are some design features you want to keep you should take a few screen shots for reference when you rebuild.  Having a visual reference makes it so much easier when you rebuild (personal experience talking here).

Message 5 of 20 (28,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Me too. I have neither Sideshow Bob and The Flaw and Order questline. EA advisor provided the solution which we see at this page but it did not work.
Message 6 of 20 (28,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is happening to me too. I have played through Tapped Out half a dozen times and always got the sideshow bob quest line very early on. Level 32 currently - no quests. It's broken, clearly, I think. 

Message 7 of 20 (26,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Me too... sorta.
I'm in the The low 100's and I have only seen Sideshow Bob a total of 4 times & that was Only with help from support. I've finished part 2 of Flaw & Order and now nothing. The storyline has stopped. I actually spoke to tech support on the phone but this and the only response I got was that Sideshow Bob is, in This game just as he is on the show, unpredictable.
I feel my concerns were just brushed aside as the man I spoke to did have much interest in telling me if it was a big or something else. Expensive call to get me nowhere & with no ideas.

One thing I did learn is after you have done your 3 actions in "Other Springfield" wait a little while, while waiting store the prison (@your town) and go back. You will find Sideshow Bob somewhere near SprawlMart! Hurry up though as he will always try to run/hide. Once you see him tap him then go back to your Springfield and open Inventory and see if you were able to catch him. If you have let him loose in your town ( it worked for me the 1st time ) & see if this helps bring you the Quest we are all trying to get/complete.
Hope something here helps. 😊

Oh, remember to check Inventory ASAP for the little trick to work.
Good luck & happy gaming! 🙂
Message 8 of 20 (26,467 Views)

This has been an ongoing issue for a long time and unfortunately there is no one fix for this. I'd try all the suggestions posted but don't fret over it. Sometimes he just appears. It may not be for hundreds of levels though or you may get him right away. He's supposed to show up early in the game but he became glitched at some point and had never been repaired. 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 9 of 20 (26,196 Views)

★★ Apprentice
If this is a glitch as we’ve all suspected, why haven’t the code writes make things right?
This has become more than just an “oh well” type of issue as I’ve lost 65 doughnuts 🍩 on a chest that gave me a ‘Skin’ for Sideshow Bob That I cannot & maybe will never be able to use.
I’ve been through all the steps to try and get him as mentioned below and nothing.
I’m already loosing faith in EA and their ability to work a game properly & w/ respect for their players.
Thank you so much for your help and sharing your thoughts. It’s appreciated greatly!
Have a wonderful week
Message 10 of 20 (26,186 Views)