Enlarged Everything on TSTO

by tanster197

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Screen Zoom Issue in Android 5.1.1

★★★★ Novice

I've just upgraded by tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1, and have come upon a strange issue.

When I run the game, a lot of the time (but not always) things are zoomed in too much and whilst I can zoom out a bit, things are still too big. It's both layers of the game screen (both the underlying buildings etc, and the overlay of things to tap like dollar signs, note bunches and even the menu items. Also problem appears on screens like the loading splash screen (the EA account log-in box plus the spinning donut) and even the friend town screen (the one with the three towns, both the left and right hand towns are only half visible).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (complete with the 750MB of update download) and it hasn't helped. The game is playable, but it's annoying as not enough is visible to make it a "nice" game. And annoyingly it doesn't always happen, sometimes it does display properly with everything the correct size. But I can't work out what may be causing it, nor see any way to improve things.

Has anyone seen something like this before, or have a way to resolve it and get things displayed properly? 

Message 6 of 33 (33,901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Screen Zoom Issue in Android 5.1.1

★★★★ Novice

To all affected by this, I'm delighted to say I have a solution Large smile

Go to the play store and search for a Samsung app called Game Tuner. Install that, run it and set the resolution to high. Next time you run TSTO you should find the zoom glitch is fixed, indeed you can zoom out a lot this way. Or set a lower resolution if you prefer.

Worked a treat for me, now all the screens including the non zoomable ones like friend town selection display perfectly. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 33 (27,600 Views)

All Replies

Re: Zooming out

★★★ Newbie
I have enjoyed the Simpson game on my Android phone for a few weeks.
I agree that it would have been nice to be able to zoom out more.
But it was pretty OK anyway.

Then a few days ago, I was prompted to update the app and after that everything is zoomed in, much more than earlier.
Before the update I could see a whole block of houses, now when I zoom out as much as possible, I can only see a couple of buildings.
It's really annoying and I have lost the joy of playing.
Perhaps it's time to leave already.
Has anyone else experience the same thing?
Message 1 of 33 (33,876 Views)

Enlarged Everything on TSTO

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I play the Simpsons Tapped Out on my galaxy S6 Edge and ever since I updated my phone yesterday, the resolution has gone haywire. All my panels have become magnified, my town too. I can't seem to make it smaller nor zoom out. I've tried restarting my phone and the problem is fixed for a while before everything lapses back. I've also tried to uninstall but it didn't work. I've attached screenshots of my game as evidence. Please help as the mega zoom is very annoying.
Message 2 of 33 (33,778 Views)

Re: Enlarged Everything on TSTO

★★★ Newbie
I also updated yesterday and got the same problem sounds like Samsung have done it again with their update, I've emailed ea to see if they've done it, let's hope the problem gets sorted cos I can't play the game in this magnification it's doing my head in!
Message 3 of 33 (33,766 Views)

Screen resolution

★★ Novice

I've always played TSTO on a 4.7'@720x1280 device.
Now I've just bought a 5.5'@1080x1920 device (Xiaomi Redmi Note 2).

On the new one everything is just bigger.

I mean that on the smaller device at the same zoom level I can see a wider area.

On the bigger device I have to scroll a lot more to move and spotting stuff is much harder.

Here are some samples:

4.7'@720x1280
http://oi57.tinypic.com/r78y2a.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ymtahh.jpg

5.5'@1080x1920
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2hmkfm0.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2uqzt5s.jpg

Message 4 of 33 (33,766 Views)

Re: Zooming out

★★★ Newbie

yesterday...my zoom in quite little than ever! I have a galaxy s6 flat 64 gb.. all is very very big now and that's not the same...the play is worse than ever..can you do something for this enormous problem?? thanks! I hope so...

Message 5 of 33 (33,770 Views)

its to BIG!

★★ Apprentice
Since the last update on android the zoom is stuck and everything is so big, can't zoom in or out???
Message 7 of 33 (33,778 Views)

Re: its to BIG!

★★★★ Novice

I just updated my tablet from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 and I'm getting just the same most of the time. Prior to the Android update it was fine, and on the odd occasion even now it appears correct.

I raised it here already, and of course have so far been met with a stunning silence. Am now trying to get this damn site to let me do a live chat.

All I can offer at the moment is "me too", but it's reassuring to know I may not be the only one with this...

Message 8 of 33 (33,770 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Can't find my original post which you replied to, however I have managed to contact ea, so we'll see what happens.
Message 9 of 33 (33,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Looks like we're all in one big thread now, so hopefully between us we can get something done about it. I still can't get a Live Chat to work (every time I try the button is greyed out, no matter what the reported waiting time is), but with luck it'll get to their attention anyway.

I'm half-tempted to reflash back to 5.0.2 as the game worked there, but as my tablet is 8" it's still usable to play, and this is the only flaw in an otherwise issue-free update to 5.1.1.

Message 10 of 33 (33,733 Views)