Says my game didn't save on other device

by rhondams

Original Post

Unable to play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am currently unable to play The Simpsons Tapped Out after logging into my Origin account. It will let me play anonymously but once I log in the game drops out. Its also insisting that I have game info on another device which is untrue. I have tried to delete the game from my iPhone and re-install on many occasions but to no avail as yet!

Hoping you can help,

Many Thanks

Message 11 of 189 (10,710 Views)

why can't I connect to the game AND my origin account?

★★★ Newbie

I installed the game 2 weeks ago, and last Sunday, when I tried to play, a window kept popping up saying " your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing". So I assumed that meant my Origin account, since I only have played the game on my Iphone. I was logged in already, so I logged out and back in, but the same window keeps popping up. I have tried to reinstall the app, turn my phone off and on, and have searched for answers,  but have found none. Also, I have purchased 2 $9.99 amounts for doughnuts, and am pretty mad that I sank money into a game that's not working. Why is this happening?

Message 12 of 189 (10,663 Views)

Re: Says my game didn't save on other device

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I merged several threads into this one as they all deal with the same issue. Please read my post on the first page to get the information you need.

Have fun playing!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 13 of 189 (10,634 Views)

Re: Game not working at all

★★★ Newbie

I clicked continue and it just takes me back to my home screen of my Ipod. When i play out of my account it still works fine. PLZ HELP.

Message 14 of 189 (10,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried eaursula's advice and pressed "play now" and then "continue," but it didn't work at all.

It crashed immeditaly after I pressed continue. And now every single time I opened the app, I click on my origin screen name to continue and it crashes instantly. After the 8th or 9th crash in a row, I was finally brought to my game, but it crashed before I could press anything, and then repeated to crash immediately after pressing the screen name.

I tried updated to iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4... nada.

I tried deleting and reinstalling... nothing.

It just won't work.

There needs to be a bug update pushed out. The app is useless now.

IT JUST CRASHES AND THAT'S IT.

Is there going to be a patch soon?

Message 15 of 189 (10,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

There is an unrelated issue that crashes the game for some players at the moment. Please read here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Keeps-crashing-before-it-even-opens/td-p/179586

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 16 of 189 (10,451 Views)

Logged into another device?

★★★ Newbie

HELP. I kepp receiving an error that some or all of my progress wasnt saved and that I need to log out of my other device. Problem is...... I dont have another device..

Message 17 of 189 (10,403 Views)

★ Novice
Mine also said the game didnt save on a other device when I was only playing on my iPhone. I logged out of my origin account and then signed back in and it was fine. The save game didnt delete, hope this helps
Message 18 of 189 (10,389 Views)

"didn't save" error message

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have encountered a new problem with this game; whenever I click to play (on iPad 2), it gives me the following error message: "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing." I don't have another device that I play this game on, so I don't know what to do about this message. If I log out of Origin, it just starts me back over at level 1. If I log back in, it gives me the same message. I tried "shutting off" the app (double tapping the home key from the main iPad home screen and pressing the minus sign on the game to shut it down from running in the background), but that didn't work either. Please help me resolve this issue! I don't want to lose my progression (to much).

Niels.

Message 19 of 189 (10,306 Views)

Re: Game not working at all

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Message 20 of 189 (10,339 Views)