Re: Game not working at all

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

★★ Novice

I've had this problem for about a week now, even though I wasn't logged in on another device. Every time I press "play now" I am starting from the same point of the game and as soon as I close the app it "forgets" everything I did. What can I do so the game will save my steps again? 

Message 171 of 189 (1,139 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, I only play on one device, yet I get these messages every time I switch between my two towns. Game progress is saved on the EA servers when you get the message ‘synchronising’ - the best way to do this is to visit the friends screen and go back to your town at the end of every play session. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 172 of 189 (1,137 Views)

The Simpsons Tapped Out - does not save progress

★★ Novice

Hey, I have had this problem where every time I open the app/Springfield it tells me my things weren't saved on another device, but I haven't used another device. When I try to log in, it does find my springfield but I can't fully log in. Every time I press "play now" my progress is lost and I start at the point where I left it the last time I played. It has been like this for about a week now, I have tried to log out and then log in again, I have tried to deinstall and reinstall it, but none of these things fixed it. Is there anything else I can do to make it save my progress again??

Help would be appreciated Standard smile!! 

Message 173 of 189 (1,130 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks! I have tried that too, sadly every time I close the app it gets lost. As long as I don't close the app it is saving progress, or at least it looks like it does, and then when I open it back up it is gone :/
Message 174 of 189 (1,128 Views)

Re: The Simpsons Tapped Out - does not save progress

@atfydc 

starting a new topic will not help, so this is merged back to the original thread

Can it be your device? Storage? OS? What device, what OS do you play on?

Have you tried it on another device?

A different OS? if you normally play on Apple, have you tried on Android or vice versa?

Are you storing the game on a SD card?

How much free space does your device have? It may be that your device cant store progress before transferring it to the SD.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 175 of 189 (1,119 Views)

★★ Novice
I am usually playing on an android device with enough space on it. I have tried logging in on an apple device but that hasn't solved the problem. I have also tried to move the game from the SD card to the storage of the phone but that didn't do anything either.
Message 176 of 189 (1,116 Views)

Have you been in contact with support?

If yes, what did they say?

If no, contact them, I think this may be beyond the basic trouble shoot and at least I am out of ideas.

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

In  case you or anyone else with this issue do not know the Basic Trouble shooting steps:

Resynch by visiting a friend
Log out/Log in
Hardclose game
Restart device
Clear cache
Free up space,

for Android you need about 1-2 GB free space , for Apple you might need up to 5GB (enough, ample, plenty are arbitrary, so it is difficult to know if it is indeed enough, ample or plenty

Load on another device
Try a different wifi/connection/internet/broadband

If connected to EA/Origin: do a delete/reinstall of the game
If you play Anonymously a delete/reinstall will get your game lost

This is what you can do on your own, if this does not help, contact support.

I know you did many of them already but please check off the others too, if you have not done them.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 177 of 189 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay thank you!! I have send an email to EA support and I will see what they tell me Standard smile
Message 178 of 189 (1,109 Views)

★ Novice

But when I clicked “Continue” I lost all my progress and I can’t login to my other device because I don’t have it.

Message 179 of 189 (947 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Monkeysqueezer_3.

When you hit Continue, do you see it as level 1 at the beginning of the tutorial, or just missing the most recent actions you've performed? Do you get any additional error messages when you try to get to your Springfield?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 180 of 189 (909 Views)