Re: Road to Riches

by SplashXXK

Original Post

Road to Riches

★ Novice

Hello,

I've never used the forum before so please excuse me if I do anything wrong Standard smile. I am getting quite confused about the current "Road to Riches" segment of the current TSTO event.

I previously didn't have Cecil so I recieved him for free - I completed his side Questline but the Road to Riches thin doesn't seem to work.

When I "go to" invest in the Springfield Dam it just goes straight to Cecil's task list but no tasks are highlighted and there is no extra Questline about unlocking the dam or anything so I'm very confused.

Please can someone help Standard smile - did I accidentally skip a step because literally nothing (apart from the screen with prizes) is showing and I don't know how to "invest"

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 6 (7,457 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Can you try the following and let us know if it does/n't work for you?

1) Click on the blue "Go To" button next to the "Invest $20,000,000" while in the Road to Riches task screen]

Cecil 1.png

2) This should take you to Cecil and his task list. The top 3 tasks should all be related to the "Road to Riches" task, with you able to invest either one million, five million or ten million dollars. (Note that this will take money out of your game account so if you have 40million in your game account and choose to invest 10 million, you'll be left with 30 million.) Choose the amount you want to invest and Cecil should perform the relevant task.

Cecil 2.png

3) If this doesn't work for you then first try storing Cecil in your inventory and then placing him back in your town and attempting to do the task again. If that doesn't work then try force closing the app or uninstalling and reinstalling your game before again storing and replacing Cecil in the game.

Message 2 of 6 (7,352 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You also need to HAVE that amount of money to activate the task.

Message 3 of 6 (7,192 Views)

★ Novice
ROAD TO RICHES
I’ve invested more than £35m in the dam but nothing’s happened. Cecil carry’s out the task and then that’s it.
I thought the purpose of investing was to upgrade the dam but it’s not working.
I’ve put nearly all of my game money into the dam - hoping it’s not all lost.

Help please.
Thanks
Steph
Message 4 of 6 (6,114 Views)

After 20 mil you shouldve gotten the Dam

Another 40 mil the Gardens, placed in your inventory - so 35 millions invested is not enough to get the second thing

Another 80 mil Rock and a Hard Place, with a short questline

Total cost of this quest is160 millions

This is what is called an Aspirational quest.

Other high cost Aspirational quests includes the Redwood, IRS and the Money mountain

This is for longtime players with too much cash

This is not a quest I would recommend to newer players that still tries to finish the lvl quests

The Aspirational quests are not required for progress and is just a huge waste of money.

My suggestion is that, if you dont have half a billion cash, wait with the Aspirational quests

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 6 (6,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to purchase Town Hall in order to invest with Cecil!

Message 6 of 6 (5,238 Views)