Returning Player - Multiple Bugs

by PantherusNZ

Original Post

Returning Player - Multiple Bugs

★ Apprentice

I stopped playing this game many years ago (at a guess I stopped in 2017)) but have recently reinstalled it after a friend mentioned it and I got the itch. I installed it onto my two devices and realised the mistake when they started conflicting so I forced the game to lod properly on just one device to be my primary (Android Tablet).

Once I finally got into the game and had forcibly loaded my old save game I of course went through multiple pop ups from things that have happend since I stopped playing (Krustyland being nuked seemed like the big one - why the heck was that done?? There was a note that we got extra land unlocked in Springfield to accomodate how big our Krustyland was but I don't think that happened for me, maybe because it happened so long ago and I've now missed out on the script or something...) and then some chatter around existing events for what I assume to be the current event taking place (or recently finished...) but then I started to notice that tapping the Character Portrait in the top-left corner wasn't taking me to that character, whether to complete their task or start them on a new one, I have to manually find them and do it that way. Issue 1.

I then started tapping around buildings etc to clear jobs and collect money/xp and found first of all that I was seriously zoomed in and couldn't zoom out very much at all, It was so zoomed in that some of my bigger buildings would almost fill the entire screen which really was unpleasant and unnecessary. I tried to zoom out by "pinching" on the screen but it only zoomed out a tiny bit. This may be a "feature" rather than a bug, but still...when the Simpson and Flanders houses together take up nearly half the screen, it doesn't seem right. Issue 2.

Following on from that, while tapping said buildings I noticed the tap radius seemed much smaller than it used to be, but it took me a while to notice because of how zoomed in it was so I dug into my memory and remembered the IRS building increasing that, I checked it and it said it was fully upgraded so something definitely seems to be wrong there. Issue 3.

From there I was reaquainting myself with areas and hopped over to Springfield Heights, I eventually remembered how to do the jobs and checked out the production buildings, only to find all the character tasks were locked and I had no capacity for items...not really thinking much of it I started unlocking as many as I could but it seemed really weird. Issue 4.

That's all I've found so far, after playing for all of 5 minutes, so there may well be more. Now I come here and search for these issues and find several posts from people reporting the exact same events happening...up to 4-5 YEARS ago! Advice was to log a call with EA and request a "rollback" which I did, and they don't seem to have any idea what I'm talking about. I look further in other places (e.g. Reddit) and see that they're specifically saying you need to ask for a rollback to your last good save and give a date...I wouldn't have a CLUE what the "last good state" save is as I can't even remember when I stopped playing other than approximating, and these issues weren't in the game back then, presumably my game should be in a "last good state" already...

Any suggestions of what to do here? Or should I forget about it and uninstall the game again? :disappointed:

Message 1 of 2 (319 Views)

Rif.: Returning Player - Multiple Bugs

Hero
@PantherusNZ The rollback had to be requested immediately; I don't think, but I could be wrong, they have a game save from 5 years ago!

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 2 (311 Views)