Reporting a Bug as Advised By EA Support

by judith621

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reporting a Bug as Advised By EA Support

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi There

I have been told to contact you to report a bug when playing Simpsons Tapped out on my iPad.  Every time I click on the ea login icon the game crashes.  I have done all the reinstalls, resets and refreshing for the last month with no changes. I have reset my iPad back to factory settings and not copied any of the data over and no change.  This has been going on for over a month and nothing has changed. Updated ea account, changed password still not working.

your support staff say it is a bug and I need support from community manager so I am now asking you for help. I have played this game for 8 years and I am really wanting it fixed.

Thank you for your assistance, it means a lot to me to be able to get this fixed.

Kind regards

[Removed by CM]

Message 1 of 14 (1,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reporting a Bug as Advised By EA Support

Hero
@judith621 I'm sorry your iPad is WIFI only; you can try, if you have the opportunity, with another connection, different from the usual one (perhaps at a friend's house), or use a telephone as a hotspot. In any case, the solution comes from Apple and has worked in many cases. I hope one day a definitive solution will be found by one of the two sides.
PS: Have you checked if there are any updates available for your iPad?

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

View in thread

Message 6 of 14 (1,136 Views)

All Replies

@judith621 

Please, follow this template for filling out a bug report

For your own safety, do NOT post your real name on public forums

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 14 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • Device make, model, and firmware:iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (4th generation) Version 15.5 
  • Time and Date of the Issue: May and June
  • Description of issue: Game crashes when EA login is tapped
  • What should happen instead: Login screen should appear
  • Stage of Event does this happen at: N/A
  • Error Message received: N/A - game just crashes
  • Repro Steps: Start at tapped icon every time. 
  • Troubleshooting/Workarounds tried: password changed, verified email reinstalled game,  reset iPad to factory settings, reset network, closed apps, made sure all updates actioned, made sure enough memory available. 
  • Additional (screenshots/clips, etc):N/A
Message 3 of 14 (1,181 Views)

Hero
@judith621 First, a prior check (sometimes it happens) DATE and TIME of your device (pay attention to AM and PM). Preferably, in the device settings, set TIME AND DATE to AUTOMATIC (get them from the network).
Now let's move on to a solution that a user has received from the APPLE support center (ATTENTION: the use of mobile data is required and an EA account is required, otherwise the uninstallation can cause the loss of game data, which in anonymous mode are stored on the device only):
- Uninstall the game
- Disable ALL data connections
- Turn off the device, wait a few minutes and turn on.
- Activate the mobile data connection ONLY (No wifi)
- Download the game and all updates
- At the end of all downloads try to login
If everything works, you can turn the wifi connection back on.
Let me know!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 4 of 14 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Novice

Automatic date is already on.

Am playing on an iPad so can only use wifi option - do not have the option to use mobile connection only. 

Sorry, but neither of these suggested solutions have helped solve my issue. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,143 Views)

Hero
@judith621 I'm sorry your iPad is WIFI only; you can try, if you have the opportunity, with another connection, different from the usual one (perhaps at a friend's house), or use a telephone as a hotspot. In any case, the solution comes from Apple and has worked in many cases. I hope one day a definitive solution will be found by one of the two sides.
PS: Have you checked if there are any updates available for your iPad?

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 6 of 14 (1,137 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much. After a month of torment my game is working again.

I connected my iPad to my works internet and it finally bought up the option to login in and verify my account.  I played for a few minutes then went home and connected back into my internet and it continued to work.

Thank you to all those that tried to help me solve my problem. I’m so grateful. 

Message 7 of 14 (1,105 Views)

Hero
@judith621 I'm glad you finally solved it! Take a curiosity; When you connected to the work wifi, you downloaded the game again, or was it enough to log in to the app you already have on the iPad?

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 8 of 14 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just had to log in. Thanks again for your help

Message 9 of 14 (1,058 Views)

Re: Cannot log in to EA account

★★★ Newbie

I too am having an issue logging in. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. When I try to log in, the app shuts down and boots me out. I’m playing on an IPad Air 2. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,000 Views)