Re: Problem with the screen resolution

by vickeethecat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with the screen resolution

★ Novice

My screen resolution on my apps the simpson tapped out is currently getting bigger than usual.what should i do to get back normal resolution?

(I already reset my samsung tab s2 tablet,log ut and log in again,reinstall but still got the problem)

Message 1 of 12 (7,451 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @mrfarhunt8974 @viviclon you can download the Game Tuner for Game Launcher on Google Play. You choose be able to adjust the screen resolution in the Mode selection. You can adjust the resolution manually until you're happy with the result. Standard smile

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (9,227 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I believe there's a Samsung app for that.  Try doing a web search for it.

Message 2 of 12 (7,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I can´t fix it

Message 3 of 12 (7,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @mrfarhunt8974 @viviclon you can download the Game Tuner for Game Launcher on Google Play. You choose be able to adjust the screen resolution in the Mode selection. You can adjust the resolution manually until you're happy with the result. Standard smile

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 4 of 12 (9,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First read, then answer.

He wrota Galaxy tab s 2.

Game tuner for Samsung is compatible only with Galaxy s smartphones not tablets. 

Still no answer how to  fix it.

Message 5 of 12 (7,261 Views)

★★ Novice
The Game Tuner App did not work on my S7, changing the resolution only made it more or less pixelated.
It was still zoomed in very close, to change this I went to the Display settings on the phone...
Settings (Gear Icon)
Display
Screen Resolution...
I tried it a couple different ways to see what I liked best. Higher and Lower resolution.
I also played with Screen Zoom and Font and Screen Mode until I got it to look right...
The Game Tuner App looks like it's more for adjusting FPS and performance of the App rather than adjusting screen size
Message 6 of 12 (6,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I also had the same problem. I wanted to share my experience because this thread helped me fix it and as a thank you I wanted to give my 2 cents in case it helps others:

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T-813). Same problem happened for me but for another game (seaport). The weird thing is I used to play the game fine for days when I first installed it. Then one day, its resolution changed on its own! The funny thing I changed nothing (no setting change, no software updates etc.). I didn't suspect the device, I first suspected the game, so I cleared its cache and data but this didn't fix it. I still didn't suspect the device and I uninstalled/installed game and this fixed it, the resolution was back to normal again.

But after 3 days, same low resolution issue showed again once more (again with no change/update on my end). I thought I know the fix and uninstalled and installed the game, just like I did before. But to my surprise, this didn't help this time. So I started reading threads in internet and noticed this is not related to games actually, its a bug on Samsung tablets. Unfortunately noone knows how this is triggered but fix is to install samsung game tuner as mentioned in this thread.

But the problem (for me) is that, game tuner does not install for me in my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T-813) device. Play store says its incompatible and refuse to install. I tried alternative tuners, none helped.

Finally I side installed it as instructed in this thread. I downloaded as apk and installed it. Fortunately it worked and when I set screen resolution to MAX, this also fixed my game.

Thanks for the advices in this thread and hope my experience also helps someone.

Message 7 of 12 (6,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If anyone have this problem on HTC, I have solution. It's similar to those with Samsung. You'll need Boost+ aplication (came installed with my HTC A9).
When you have it installed, you need to go to Optimize foreground apps and just turn it ON for TSTO.
Hope this saves time for HTC users. Standard smile

Message 8 of 12 (5,996 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

The fix I used for this problem is to power down your tablet and restart it.  Do not just hit restart, off then back on.  As soon as your icons appear, click on the Simpsons and you will get maximum resolution.  If you delay hit the icon you will have to power down again and start over.

Message 9 of 12 (5,966 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This seems to work thanks
Message 10 of 12 (5,804 Views)