Old event pop-ups followed by several odd glitches

by avalentedm212

Original Post

Re: Character selection, coins from fountain, tap radius, ...

I did some research on this issue and as for the character select function it's not the first time this has happened. There was no resolution except to contact EA.
Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 20 of 180 (2,592 Views)

EA told me to post re my issues they don't know how to fix

★ Novice
Here are the issues I had & are still experiencing since the Dinosaur/Egypt/Pirate event update:

* no Insanity mode
* Burns' Mountain of Gold back to start but vest still available
* Tire fire gives ribbons
* character finder in top left corner not working
* IRS Building fully upgraded but blast radius has gone back to start
* Rail Yard says next weeks reset in 0s & completed but doesn't reset; has also taken my stuff & not given tracks in return
* N.A.R.A training center gives stars
* Claw machine gives bowling shoes
* Friendship level back to level 1 but still have prizes
* Fatov has lost his 4hr task & has gone back to a 3hr task that gives ribbons; Miss Hoover, Martin, Millhouse & Lisa also have this task

And yes I've tried their troubleshooting ideas several times with no success. Please let them know if you have any or all of these issues Standard smile
Message 21 of 180 (2,563 Views)

Character link, tap radius and old mission

★★★★★ Newbie
After the last update the character link in the upper left corner stopped working, my tap radius became smaller and the old burning tire mission came up. Any known fixes?
Message 22 of 180 (1,558 Views)

Re: Character link, tap radius and old mission

Hero (Retired)

That sounds very similar to issues in this thread from the EA forum:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues/p1

Some players have contacted EA and had their towns ‘rolled back’ to before the problem occurred and have posted in the thread linked above.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 23 of 180 (1,552 Views)

Re: Character link, tap radius and old mission

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you, I'll check it out!
Message 24 of 180 (1,552 Views)

Old event pop-ups followed by several odd glitches

★★ Novice

I opened up my game yesterday and was greeted by a lot of pop-ups from old events saying they had ended but there was still time to complete the tasks. Then Gil offered me Duff Gardens. Finally, after getting through that, the first thing I noticed was that when I tap the character icon in the top left, nothing happened. Next, my tap radius had been reduced to a very narrow one from my fully maxed out IRS Building radius. Then I went to complete my "Defeat Lord Montymort" quest and saw that the counter was at -1 (yup, negative 1!). My rail yard still lets me collect items and turn them in, but it says I've already obtained the reward for the week. My tire fire is awarding ribbons. I know there are other problems, but I forget them all right now.

Help!

Message 25 of 180 (1,811 Views)

Re: Old event pop-ups followed by several odd glitches

Hero (Retired)

That sounds very similar to problems some players have reported on the EA forum in this thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues/p1

The only solution so far has been to contact EA. Some players have had their towns ‘rolled back’ by EA to just before they developed the problems. 

Good luck.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 26 of 180 (1,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Thank you for the link. I probably should have noted that EA asked me to post the original posting on this page - although I'm not sure why. They also had me put in a support ticket. At least now I know what to ask for to get it fixed when I hear back.
Message 27 of 180 (1,796 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That is carbon copy of my problems starting with Being offered a chance to finish older events. Railyard just gives the memo that i got thr prizes for that week(several weeks ago)

Thr character button doesn't work and mony's pile of money has been reduced to mere change. I have a ticket in with EA but I tried all the recommendations so I have to contact them again. Let Y'all know when i get an answer.

Message 28 of 180 (1,611 Views)

★★ Novice
The only option for me was to have them roll back my game to before the problem started. Lost a little progress, but haven't had any issues since
Message 29 of 180 (1,603 Views)