No sound

by null

Original Post

No sound

★★★ Newbie

I have no sound in my Simpsons Tapped Out  app. How do I fix that?

Message 1 of 14 (5,083 Views)

Re: No sound

Community Manager

Please go to your iPhone "Settings". You will see things like "Airplane Mode" and your "Wi-Fi" settings at the top of the page. Scroll down all the way to the bottom and you should see "Tapped Out". Tap on the "Tapped Out" icon and you should have the possibility to change your music settings.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 14 (5,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about Android?

Message 3 of 14 (3,508 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There's a whole lot of stuff that could be going wrong.

To start with: as of the "Game of Games the Sequel" update there is a glitch causing most Samsung and Motorola (and some other) devices to not have sound in the game.

If that's not the issue, go to the in game store (Hammer and Saw button) and find the tiny gear icon.  Tap it and you'll have access to game preferences, including sound volume.

Using an iPad?  Some iPads have a tiny switch beside the Volume buttons.  If it gets flipped you can turn off sounds for apps.

Message 4 of 14 (3,468 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Spectre Can anyone fix my sound in the Simpsons tapped out please hungryhomer2612
Message 5 of 14 (3,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game has recently updated and I still have no sound. It is really frustrating when trying to find Maggie! Could someone please help me out here?

Message 6 of 14 (3,347 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ok, send me a plane ticket, a car rental voucher, and the instructions to get to your house and I'll come help you look for Maggie.Large smile

Seriously though: Mark the Maggie buildings with something.  I use Rainbow trees.  There's also Hail Ants signs, which you can get free if you have the Rocket Launch Pad.  Do you buy a lot of Burns' Mystery Boxes?  Khlav Kalash Stands are distintive, as well as Chalmer's _ondas.

Here's the list of places she can show up:

Simpson House
Cletus's Farm
Krusty Burger
Van Houten Home
Springfield Elementary
Springfield Library
Android's Dungeon
First Church of Springfield
Moe's Tavern
Police Station
Luigi's
Springfield Retirement Castle
Town Hall
Springfield Wax Museum
Ziff Corp Office Building
Purple House
Blue House
Pink House
White House
Orange House
Lard Lads Donuts

2 notes:

Maggie can appear in different places on some buildings.  Lard Lads she can be on the roof or inside the donut.  Wax Museum she can be on the roof or at the entrance.

If you have more than one of a repeatable building like the Blue House or Lard Lads, check them all.  In fact, the more of a single building you have the more likely she'll be on one of them.  I have a lot of Lard Lads from the Burns's Mystery Box, so she's almost always at Lard Lads, which blinks yellow windows when she's there.

Message 7 of 14 (3,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wadebear is it going to be fixed?
Message 8 of 14 (3,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Haha! No problem, I'll organise that! Thanks for all the tips, that's a great help. 

Message 9 of 14 (3,278 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@y8q8u3yyg681 wrote:
@wadebearis it going to be fixed?

Well I certainly hope so.  I don't work for EA, I'm just another player like you (but with 7 years of experience playing this annoying game) so I couldn't tell you if they're working on it or not.  The issue seems to be related to the version of Android OS so they may just wait until the vendors update our devices with up to date versions of Android.

Message 10 of 14 (3,231 Views)